“La Luna is da Bomb”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Sanford, Maine
“La Luna is da Bomb”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

La Luna is very good, if not a bit pricey. This food is homemade and when you see the dessert platter you will automatically have room. I would be careful though, as I found a dead fly in my cake. Please don't let this turn you away though, as this restaurant is very nice.

• Visited August 2013

Stonington, Connecticut
“4th time try here and never again from two locals!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Our fourth time here always with a coupon for buy one get one free. The prices were significantly higher probably due to summertime and the tourists!
1.) Waitress/bartender took awhile to get over to our table with menus due to having a long chat with another table which seated a minute before us.
2.) Diet Coke was flat as apparently no CO2 left in the tank.
3.) "Garlic Knots" bland, dry and lukewarm.
4.) $30 seafood fra diavolo was filled with inedible overcooked huge rings of calamari.
5.) bland "blackened salmon" for $21 on top of pedestrian spinach salad with out of the bottle balsamic vinaigrette. How can blackened salmon be bland? I don't get it?!
6.) Oh, and no salt and pepper on the table and waitress brought out the salad and garlic knots and then noticed we had no silverware and napkins.
7.) Never going back, complete disappointment again. This was their last chance! It has been nothing but the same problems with poor service and long wait for mediocre food.
It is a shame....it could have been a great place! This is not fine dining Italian food. A lot of money wasted to wish we had just stayed home and cooked better food ourselves. We both have restaurant and food service experience and are pretty easy to please! You're better off going to Olive Garden or the 99 Restaurant- the food and service are better at both places!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jean J
CT
“My fish looked like a bowl of oatmeal!”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I went there with a friend for dinner. We waited to be seated for 15 minutes while the 16 year old hostess was outside smoking. We were the only ones in the restaurant and only 4 people in the bar at happy hour. The service was ridiculous, and we were the only customers! I ordered lime talapia, when it arrived I thought it was a bowl of oatmeal! It was mushy and sticky looking, I thought it was a mistake. It had no flavor and when I complained the waiter asked if I had squeezed the lime over it. Yes I had and it didn't help. My friend ordered veal Marsala that was over cooked and no Marsala flavor. It was very expensive for the quality of the food and the terrible service. I'll never go back.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank skrina
Acushnet, Massachusetts
“La Luna should be ashamed!!”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We had a group of 8(4 of which were children). We arrived at 5:45 and were promptly seated. The server took forever to take our order. I asked him if he was the only waiter and he said he was! He proceeded to spill a crafe of water on a guest and kept running by saying he's sorry he will be with us in a minute( 2 people called out sick, one left because of her sick grandmother). Finally he takes our order and it comes out in waves. the 8 yr old who ordered chicken fingers were served last(everyone had finished their meal). Because the lack of indrediants the food was altered and at best subpar. It took another hour just to get our bill! We didn't leave there until 9:15. Not enjoyable trying to keep two five year olds quiet, let alone two 8 year old for almost 4 hours.

• Visited April 2014
Staten Island, New York
“New Entrant in Mystic”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

For years we have been using Mystic as a stopping point for our journeys to Cape Cod. Other than the downtown restaurants where parking is a challenge we have visited a few restaurants near I95 and our hotel. Most of them were here today gone tomorrow. This year's tenant on the first floor of a chain hotel (but not part of the hotel as far as I can tell. The GM at our hotel told us he hadn't heard much about it other than it was expensive. Expensive it wasn't when compared to the downtown restaurants - the comment was probably offered by a family with small children and this wouldn't be my choice in that case.

The food (Italian) was well prepared and served attractively. It was not a "red sauce" place but had an interesting choice of entrees including fish and some pastas. Our meals were both very good and more than sufficient.

Service was provided by a pleasant young man who was very well versed in the preparation of the food. The only flaw was that my wife's soup was delivered well before my appetizer

I only hope that this venture survives and does well - the location away from downtown and a lot of the hotels are tough hurdles to overcome. Some marketing to local hotel GMs might move traffic their way

• Visited April 2014