“Perfect getaway”

House of 1833
Ranked #4 of 12 Mystic B&B and Inns
Eastern Long Island, New York
Reviewed March 11, 2006

We have stayed here twice so far (November 2005 and March 2006). The innkeepers, Robert and Evan, are just fabulous!.....Smart, funny, polite, and true gentlemen. I have a terrible time with directions and they are extremely gracious about my shortcomings (maybe next time I won't get lost!). The breakfasts are yummy and huge and made while you wait. It is also enjoyable chatting with them in the kitchen. If you sleep a bit late (like I do), breakfast will still be made. I'd tell you the room we stayed in, but....they are all fabulous so I'll keep mine a secret!

• Stayed: March 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Long Island, NY
Reviewed December 31, 2005

Beautiful house and the Peach suite was outstanding! We loved the Jacuzzi tub and fireplace. Evan and Robert were gracious, attentive and excellent hosts. The location of the BnB was farther from town than we thought but in a quiet spot on gorgeous grounds, even in the winter. Make sure to visit the Mystic Library and say hello to Emily while you tour the beautiful town. We were very happy with our stay and look forward to returning to the House of 1833 sometime before 2033 and we are really really old.

• Stayed: December 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Clemente, CA
Reviewed October 5, 2005

We went here on the spur of the moment after a web search two years ago and LOVED it - we live in CA but are around New England for awhile for Xmas and last year came back and got the same room - we're going again this year and hope to revisit every time we're back.

The rooms are beautiful - grand and cozy and romantic - the people are grounded and gracious and fascinating. Mystic is a lovely town with a creative artistic river shopping strip and wonderful places to eat.

Honestly we've been extremely happy and, as I said, look forward to returning every year.

• Stayed: January 2004
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 14, 2004

My wife took me here for my birthday a while ago, and I have to say I was very impressed. This home is well maintained and though I dont particulary like bed and breakfasts, this place had charm and history. It looks like an old sea captains home with white pillars in the front and enters into a great front room. IT is very spacious and can accomodate a few different couples. WE had the first floor room and it contained a large post bed and a very large jacuzzi in the individual bathroom. Since it was my birthday, the hosts even put a balloon and goodies on the bed awaiting us. Cookies are laid out at night in the large kitchen and in the morning breakfast was very good, with all the trimmings. If you dont like bed and breakfasts you wont like it here. You sit around the table with everyone. THe hosts are very nice and even sit with you and chat. I would highly recommend this place to anyone wanting a romantic getaway. Mystic seaport is right around the corner from this.

4  Thank lip89
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mystic
The Whaler's Inn
Inn at Mystic
Inn at Mystic
#4 of 13 in Mystic
Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa

Been to House of 1833? Share your experiences!