“Fabulous addition to local food scene”
Review of Oyster Club

Oyster Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Oyster Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 102 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Oyster Club is a casual fine dining restaurant and raw bar specializing in the richness of the New England coast and countryside. The menu, which is written daily, showcases food that travels the shortest distance from 'farm & sea to table,' with seasonality and location determining the day's delicacies. Benefiting from the region's many local farmers and fisherman, Oyster Club features bounty from the sea, pasture raised beef, local produce and artisanal cheeses. We believe Oyster Club is an extension of your home and that all will feel welcome at our table - please join us!
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The Mystic Oyster club is undoubtedly the most interesting addition to the local food scene. A true believer in farm to table, the menu changes every day - and the emphasis is really on local. Oysters from Noank, fish from New England and a pedigree wherever possible for all the ingredients. The food is outstanding - the mussels with lemongrass and coconut milk were sublime and the New England Clam chowder with smoky bacon made my mom smile. She even suggested it was better than her home made (something I never thought to live to hear her say).

The Oyster Club also has a full bar, interesting wine list and outstanding service. We went on a cool grey January day for Sunday brunch, and the cheery interior, spectacular food and immediate attention made us forget the weather outside. With a gentle ramp outside, its also handicap friendly (even in the bathroom) - and the tables well spaced to allow for provate conversation.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Went here with friends who have been here before. We knew the chef when he was at the River Tavern in Chester, CT.
James has done himself proud with this location.
The menu is unique in that is different every day and he sources most everything locally.
The night we were there I had the venison which was cooked to perfection. Cooking wild game, especially venison is an art.
We will make every effort to return.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a casual lunch consisting of Rhode Island clam chowder, lobster roll, and seared tuna - all prepared to perfection. Our waitress, Frances, was cordial and efficient. Connecticut Magazine selected the Oyster Club as BEST SEAFOOD in Connecticut - a title well deserved. Lunch or dinner at the Oyster Club is a relatively easy off/easy on to I-95, exit 90; a relaxing break from interstate driving. Recommend calling ahead for a reservation.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I did not hesitate to make a dinner reservation for a Christmas get together with relatives. We were not impressed. First of all, parking is a nightmare and this was a Sunday evening. When we mentioned it to the hostess she told us we couls have parked next door at a private (pay $) lot and just have the ticket validated. We'll my husband was already searching for a spot....why is there no sign about this or informed when one makes a reservation? We had a lovely waitress who provided excellent service. Our appetizer of mussels, which she touted, was really, really good. The fritters? Not so much. Greasy and flavorless, yuck. Then the N.E. Clam chowder, which is allegedly a house speciality. Well, lots of potatoes, not many clams. Broth was good, tasty. The lobster roll featured dry, chewy lobster meet with something unidentifiable and unnecessary on top. Fries were superb, however . The grapefruit martini was excellent also. But really, after reading all the terrific reviews, I was shocked. The menu was so-so. The variety and appeal of the appetizers far outweighed that of the main course offerings. The dining room is pretty and nicely decorated and as I said before the staff is very friendly.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Outstanding food in a casual, relaxing atmosphere = one memorable birthday. I would highly recommend the NE chowder, but be aware that you receive a large bowl when ordering the rest of your meal. My pork loin was so tender and was accompanied by the best sweet potatoes I've ever tasted. My husband also raved about his venison dish. The only "disappointment" of the evening was that I didn't have room for dessert. I can only imagine how wonderful they are. Maybe next time we're in the area! I would definitely return again.

Been to Oyster Club? Share your experiences!