“Freshly made food that was excellent”
Review of Oyster Club

Oyster Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Oyster Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 99 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Oyster Club is a casual fine dining restaurant and raw bar specializing in the richness of the New England coast and countryside. The menu, which is written daily, showcases food that travels the shortest distance from 'farm & sea to table,' with seasonality and location determining the day's delicacies. Benefiting from the region's many local farmers and fisherman, Oyster Club features bounty from the sea, pasture raised beef, local produce and artisanal cheeses. We believe Oyster Club is an extension of your home and that all will feel welcome at our table - please join us!
RI
“Freshly made food that was excellent”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The menu changes daily according to the fresh ingredients found locally. I had a lobster roll that was so good. My partner had a thick, fresh pork sandwich made with freshly baked bread that was outstanding. My pink grapefruit martini was made with freshly squeezed grapefruit juice. Yummy!!

Chalfont, Pennsylvania
“Check out the Treehouse at the Oyster Bar”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were here for happy hour and had drinks at the bar downstairs and then drinks and apps at the treehouse upstairs. If you love oysters, come here! The treehouse is a more casual, younger atmosphere and the service is excellent in both parts.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank DaliaL614
Windsor Locks, Connecticut
“Amazing”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We went for lunch at the treehouse restaurant which is behind the Oyster Club and we loved it. I will say it is a separate menu than what is posted outside the actual restaurant. It's a little more restricted but the food was amazing. We were so impressed we went back that night for dinner. We had the Rhode Island clam chowder with a pork burger. I do want to add its laid back and service is slow but we like that we don't like to be rushed.

For dinner we had about an hour wait with no reservation. All we did was app's New England clam chowder, blue snapper, mussels steamed with cilantro & coconut milk and salad. The food was the best! The food could change daily and dishes were running out because of limited quantities. We will be going back

Coventry, Connecticut
“Very Slow Service...but Amazing Food”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The day started by going up to the Treehouse (affiliated restaurant right about the Oyster Club). We then went to our reservation in the Oysterclub and at first I was a bit taken back at how dark the dining room is. The lighting was not very good given the darkenss of the wood in the restaurant, but this lead to a romantic Atmosphere which was bustling with conversation. This is not a stuffy atmosphere, but more of a bisto feel. The waiter quickly came over and got our drink order. To my dissapointment, it took about 15 min to get our drinks (which seemed to be a theme this night). While waiting we were taken back by the createivity on the menu. Althought limited in the number of choices, they all sounded great. We started with dozen oyster from three regions, which were served raw with a nice housemade cocktail sauce. Definiately would suggest. We placed our order for dinner shortly after at 745. The clam chowder was out of this world. The bacon was thick cut and rendered perfectly to give it a slight chew and not a crumbly feeling. Just enough clams and spice to lead me to believe this is definitely not a can of chowder (the Union Oyser House should take some notes!!). At about 9pm, and hour and a half after we ordered, we were ready to walk out. Not to mention the timing, but we were only served two drinks in this two hour period. It was at least a half hour since we ordered our next round and we were still waiting. However, all issues were soon expelled when dinner was served. I ordered the prime NY strip and it was by far the best steak I ever had. Mortons and Ruth Chris can not touch this steak. Pan seared, it has a perfect crust all over the steak which was just slightly salty. The cook was perfect and the steak almost fell apart it was that tender. We each ordered somthing different and for the sake of time everyone was blown away by how good it was. Unfortunately we were too full for desert.

Overall amazing food but the timing is just way too slow. I could have delt with the timing a bit more if the drinks were a bit quicker to come out. Overall, good experience!

New York City, New York
“Decent with some down notes”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is more of a 4.5 - I've never dined al fresco before (insert gasp here) but it was faster to do that then to wait for a table inside and it was a fairly nice evening. Downtown Mystic is interesting. To me, it's kind of like Portlandia, Williamsburg and Brooklyn Heights all rolled into one. It's strange. This is one of the most popular restaurants in the area. The menu changes daily like everyone says, probably with the exception of the hot buttered lobster roll. It's farm and sea to table. To start off with I ordered the Moonshine Lemonade which was Onyx Moonshine and lemonade. It was delicious, refreshing and, like a lame movie, gone in sixty seconds. The cocktail of the day was Whiskey Blues - Maker's Mark, berries, etc... which wasn't my mom's favorite. We all tried it and agreed it didn't have a whiskey taste to it. It was still pretty good, just not what she was looking for so we moved on to Paris in the Morning - St. Germain, Prosecco and something else and was absolutely delicious. I like when a restaurant has cocktails that match the caliber of the food.

For appetizer we started off with the scallion, corn and potato chowder which was so incredibly rich it could have been a meal on it's own. You could taste each and every flavor that was promised in the description and it's topped with fried chicken skin and sour cream. A very nice garnish if you ask me. We also ordered a plate of the cornmeal crusted snapper blues - a bait fish. It was very good, not fishy tasting but a very mild taste. The crust was awesome, slightly salty and slightly citrus-y. The bones came out easily although everything was soft which made eating the head pretty easy too. It was a nice crunchy, salty little treat. It wasn't for everyone at the table but I figured I wouldn't be eating bait anytime soon so why not? For entree we pretty much all had the hot buttered lobster roll. Insert another tidbit here - I hate lobster and mayonnaise. However, this gets such rave reviews I figured I could try it with the lack of mayonnaise being a huge plus. It's on fresh, sweet bread which soaks up the butter and juice nicely and also enhances the sweetness of the lobster which is not something I can usually say of lobster. That comes with fries, which were very good and again had that same salty and citrus taste. Dad and the little one had burgers (the little one with no bun) and said it was ok. Nothing life changing. For dessert we each opted for the brown butter almond cake with cream and blueberry reduction. It was very good until I got to the center and realized it wasn't cooked all the way through. However, I was already sick at that point so I didn't care about not getting a new one that was cooked.

Overall this is a great idea for a restaurant and definitely someplace you would want to check out if you're in the area. The menu is inventive, cocktails are pretty good and the service is really good as well.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Oyster Club? Share your experiences!