Howard Johnson Inn Mystic
Taber Inne and Suites(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$149
Hilton Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$111
Holiday Inn Express Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$133
Quality Inn(Mystic)
$67
QualityInn
Inn at Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$88
$79
The Whaler's Inn(Mystic)
$209
Residence Inn Mystic Groton(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$179
Residence Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$131
$116
Hampton.com
House of 1833(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$179
Hyatt Place Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$119
$101
Travelocity
1,554 results
All reviewsindoor poolroom was cleanfront deskdiner attachedacross the streetroom keyparking lotold mystic villageoff the highwayfridge and microwavecoffee makernight stayfirst floorsteak loftwalking distancejacuzzi tubminute drive
Reviewed December 21, 2009

I travel for buisness and stay in a variety of hotels. I remember HOJO from my childhood and thought I would give it a try. It was great! The room was very clean, loved the fact that the room had a fridge and microwave, free WIFI and the beds were very comfortable. I will be back and hope to find other HOJO's to stay in during my travels.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
terconn, General manager at Howard Johnson Inn Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2010

thank you for taking the time to tell everyone about your stay at the Howard Johnson Mystic it makes all of us here proud to know that we succeeded in making your stay a positive one
we look forward to seeing you again
Terry Connors General Manager

Reviewed November 10, 2009

Pretty good for the price we paid. We didn't hear any disturbances from the highway nor the diner. Beds were firm like others had mentioned, but weren't bad. My only two complaints would be the dry heat and when we first arrived I was putting my bag under the bed and I noticed a small pill that much have been overlooked when the room was cleaned. Other then that it's a good price and in a good location. Also the front desk staff was always extremely kind.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
tercslay, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to review the Howard Johnson Mystic we work very hard to offer our guests a clean and comfortable room,It is nice to be able to look at these review to show us where we can improve. we are in the process of updating all the bedding and I will alert the housekeeping department to be more diligent in their cleaning and inspections
again we thank you for the review and hope to see you again
Terry Connors

Reviewed September 27, 2009

That says it all. I could not sleep and management telling me they tell the diner to be quiet is ridiculous. The frosted windows cover the fact that you are sleeping by a noisy alley. We got a 10% reduction on the bill which is meaningless. Over rated, and over priced. We will never go back here again,

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
tercslay, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2009

the diner that is connected to us is a newly open business and this is the first time we have ever had a complaint about the noise.
I have apologized to the guests personally about this problem and took care of this problem with the diner immediately. We at
the Howard Johnson Mystic take pride in having a clean and comfortable hotel and try to make sure all of our guests are happy with their rooms.
this was an isolated incident and we assued the guest it would never occur again

Reviewed September 26, 2009

The Howard Johnson in Mystic, CT, is a reasonably price hotel in a good location. It’s located on Greenmanville Road, a main street that runs through Mystic and is right off the highway exit, across the street from Mystic Village and surrounded by a number of other chain hotels.

On checking in to the hotel we were given a folder with a map and brochures for things to do in the area. Shortly after checking in someone called to make sure that everything was okay, which I think is a nice touch and something that, in my experience, few places do.

My room was located on the ground floor, facing the Econo Hotel across the parking lot. The hotel advertises oversize rooms and my room did have ample space. It contained two queen-size beds, with two wall lamps above each bed and a floor lamp next to one bed. The table between the two beds had a clock radio. There was a table with two chairs, a microwave and small refrigerator, large screen television and desk with a lamp and chair. An iron and ironing board were also provided. Near the door was an extra sink with a mirror. There was a full-length mirror on the back of the bathroom door. The room had sliding glass doors that opened onto a concrete block with chairs. The bathroom was good size with ample shelf space.

The room rate does not include breakfast but regular and decaf coffee are provided in the lobby each morning along with a daily newspaper (USA Today on weekdays, a Rhode Island newspaper on Sunday). You can buy something for breakfast and store it in the refrigerator. Or you can eat at one of several nearby places. There is an Equinox diner in front of the Howard Johnson, where we had breakfast, lunch and several evening deserts. There is a Friendly’s in front of the Econo Lodge and a McDonald’s across the street, though we did not try these.

The room was basic but met my needs. My only complaint is that the pillows were flat and no extras were provided. The hotel includes an indoor pool, which was a good size and well maintained.

As mentioned, the hotel is across the street from Mystic Village, which has places to eat and shop, as well as a small movie theatre. The theatre came in handy as there isn’t a lot to do in Mystic at night and the first night of my trip it was pouring rain. During my three-night stay I saw two of the three movies playing at the theatre. One night after the movie, we had dinner at a near-by restaurant called Jamm’s, which was open until midnight.

Downtown Mystic and its attractions are a short car ride from the hotel. These include taking a sail on the schooner Argia, which leaves right from downtown and cost $40 for a 2.5-hour sail. Downtown includes a number of shops and restaurants, including Mystic Pizza of movie fame.

During my stay a group of people who rode motorcycles were also staying at the hotel. They were a very inconsiderate group, sitting on their motorcycles and running/revving the engines for long periods of time. They would also stand outside on the sidewalk early in the morning and have loud conversations. I realize that this is not the hotel’s fault and that the staff has no control over guests’ behavior. However, on check-out we did mention to the desk clerk that we found this disturbing and she did not seem surprised. We also mentioned that for most of our stay our television did not work properly, despite several efforts on the part of the hotel to fix it, and the desk clerk gave us a discount on our bill.

• Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank LFAN
Reviewed July 16, 2009

This hotel is not worth the money we paid. I picked it since we needed a place with 2 queen beds and they were hard to come by in this area. The entire place is very dated like original to the 70's. The room air conditioner blows right on you when you are sleeping I mean right in your face. SO plan to wake up very stiff. We had to use a chair with a coat on it as a wind breaker just to sleep. The comforters were so old and stained that I put them on the floor and refused to touch them. Since it was late when we checked in I waited till morning to request new ones which they brought right away. Why the new ones weren't on to begin with I will never know. We checked out a day early because it really was that bad. The jacuzzi tub was nice but again very worn and dated. After this trip I have vowed to never stay at a Joward Johnson again. On a positive note the Manager gave me a very nice dicount for our troubles but it wasn't enough to make me return.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
terrymystic, General Manager Terry Connors at Howard Johnson Inn Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2009

we work very hard to update and make sure that rooms are clean and ready at all times, we have just about completed the first floor all bed toppings, including pillows, all mattresses are pillow top, the bathrooms have all been updated/
although we are an older property we do try to make sure it is clean and comfortable and the customer service is outstanding
we have pleased many people and get a lot of repeat guests