“Acceptable”

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Mystic
“Acceptable”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Nothing special here. The room was fairly clean but the beds weren't that comfortable. The only reason I chose this hotel was for the indoor heated pool. Although the pool room was a balmy 90 degrees the pool water was very chilly. My 6 year old was turning blue shivering in 5 minutes. I think at $100/night this hotel is overpriced.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

terconn, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Mystic, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us, I do apologize the pool was chilly, we have installed a new pool heater today so for your next stay it will be warmer.
Terry Connors

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Hebrew first
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited Mystic during our honeymoon. We had booked our reservation in advance. On the second night of our stay the toilet decided to overflow water every where! There was literally a waterfall coming out of this toilet. We had to move our things because the water was coming out of the bathroom and spilling into the carpet of the room. It also spilled onto the carpet of the hallway outside our room. There was only one person working the front desk. It took him 25 minutes to come over and offer us another room. However by that time we were already making reservations some where else. The manager only offered a 15% discount; what a joke for what we went through!!
Furniture needs updating. Luckily the rest of our honeymoon went great.
DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roxyjc
Hello; thank you for letting us know about your stay with us, I do apologize that it was not a good one. We do wish that you let us know last year when you were here, so we could have made adjustments at that time.
West Islip, New York, United States
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Booked a eroom here because my boydpfriend & I had concert tickets for Mohegan Sun Arena. The hotel was only 20 min. From both Mohegan & Foxwoods, plus it was directly across the street from Old Mystic Village. It was in a great location, cost less than $100 a night, & most importantly, it was extremely clean. Our room was a bit run down and older, but many of the rooms have been updated from what I heard.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
terconn, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Mystic, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Hello and thanks for staying with us, we do hope you enjoyed the concert and we are very happy you liked your room, we are working hard to show all of our guests a clean, comfortable room and we are working hard on some of those updates.
we look forward to seeing you again
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night, and one night was enough. The room was furnished with what looked like old cast-offs from a yard sale. It was tired and shabby. Basic, run of the mill motel room. The room's ac/heating unit was so loud, it made it impossible to sleep. It might be time for renovations.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
terconn, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Mystic, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Good Day
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I do apologize that your stay was not perfect, we work hard to show our guests a clean and comfortable room, we did not do this for you. We do appreciate all comments to help us work on updates and renovations. please note we are doing some now.
look forward to seeing you again.
Colonie, New York, United States
Reviewed March 28, 2014

This is the 3rd year we have stayed at this hotel for the same weekend each year. The hotel itself is an "older" model but is in EXCELLENT shape and VERY clean. The TV we had in our room wasn't a fancy flat screen but other than that I can't think of anything that I would say "could" easily be updated to my standards. But, even with that one little comment it is not very often that I do not, not wear flip flops every where I go in a hotel room and in this one I didn't even bother packing this year b/c of years past and this year was no different. I think what makes this hotel even better and in my eyes and ok to be an "older model" is the service. The front desk lady remembered us from the prior year and even put us in the same room b/c they took the time to look it up but talked to us and helped us with everything we asked. She was soo nice and welcoming.. And, then at 3am when I couldn't sleep nor find the TV remote I walked down to the front desk and the night lady didn't have a remote but actually found an empty room and located a remote and re-programmed for our room.. She DID NOT have to do that for us and she was so pleasant at 3am even doing it!! Also, last year we forgot a phone charger and we called the front desk and they brought us one. The little things at this hotel = a place that we will visit every year for years to come.. I just hope the staff continues to stay there b/c they are really irreplaceable and the true reason we stay at that hotel as it is a little farther from town then we like to be but totally worth it for the service you get.. Good Job staff you are the SOLE reason we come back every year!!! But for people who only care about the hotel itself it is still worth going to for the reasons I said.!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
terconn, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Mystic, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Hello and thank you for the wonderful review of the Howard Johnson Mystic. Customer Service is our main business and we are in the business of making our guests comfortable and happy.
It is great when we have the chance to see our guests return each year to be able to accommodate them the way they like. we are looking forward to your next trip to us. please call us direct so we make sure your next stay is a great one.
thanks again from the staff
and management