“Average Hotel at a decent price”

Howard Johnson Inn Mystic
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The hotel was clean but very dated. My wife and I stayed in a room with a King size bed. Room was very small and the TV (tube not flat screen) was very old. We chose this hotel because of its convenient location and the price. It was 30% cheaper than the Comfort Inn down the street, which is a similar hotel. Although if the prices were the same I would recommend the Comfort Inn. Comfort Inn is newer, free breakfast and feels cleaner.

Pros: Price, location.

Con: The one thing I really disliked is that it felt like we were staying in a motel not a hotel. The heater was located in the room and was extremely noisy and difficult to get to a comfortable temperature. The mattress is extremely soft.

The pool area is indoors and looked to be well taken care of.

This hotel is about a 20-25 minute drive to Mohegan Sun and about a 10-15 minute drive to Foxwoods.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with 2 Queens. The rooms are bigger and the heater in the room seems to distribute t...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
terconn, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us, I do apologize you were unhappy with the room you stayed in, we are in the process of updating the rooms as well as the televisons. I will have maintenance attend to the A/C unit. The beds are a new Simmons plush top.I do hope you will give us another chance to show we can do better
Terry Connors

Write a ReviewReviews (1,526)

Reviewed December 5, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
terconn, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Reviewed December 5, 2012

We found it to be clean but in desperate need of updating. The fixtures show extreme wear and need to be replaced. Conveient location, reasonably priced. Employees pleasant. Indoor poll area was well kept and hours opened were reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us, I so apologize about the fixtures and assure you they will be attended too.
I do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
terconn, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Reviewed November 21, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
terconn, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

A TripAdvisor Member
MONCTON
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This hotel was a good price for the area, but I do not care for the few Howard Johnson's that I have stayed in (Bangor and Mystic). They are outdated and I find the motel type setup inconvenient for carrying in luggage. We also found a hypodermic needle right in front of the entryway and had to call the front desk. Also the room was not as clean as the Holiday Inn and Best Westerns that we stayed in. I actually pulled down the sheets and saw a type of hair that really grossed me out and we found one in another spot. Overall I personally would pay more and stay somewhere else. The front staff was good though, on check in and calling us a cab.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Good Day I would like to take a moment to thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us, I see by some of the comments you had problems during your stay. I am hoping that you could take a moment and contact me personally so that we can discuss the problems. I know that you show you stayed at 2 different Howard Johnsons and I would like to be able to clear up any of the problems you had in Mystic, CT Inn
860-536-2654

Reviewed November 15, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
terconn, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012