Howard Johnson Inn Mystic
Taber Inne and Suites(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$149
Hilton Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$111
Holiday Inn Express Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$133
Quality Inn(Mystic)
$95
$67
QualityInn
Inn at Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$88
$79
The Whaler's Inn(Mystic)
$209
Hampton Inn & Suites Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$131
$116
Residence Inn Mystic Groton(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$179
Residence Inn
House of 1833(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$179
Hyatt Place Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$119
$101
Travelocity
1,554 results
All reviewsindoor poolroom was cleanfront deskdiner attachedacross the streetroom keyparking lotold mystic villageoff the highwayfridge and microwavecoffee makernight stayfirst floorsteak loftwalking distancejacuzzi tubminute drive
Reviewed April 16, 2012

After reading the reviews here on TripAdvisor (which weren’t to intimidating) my fiancé and I decided to stay at Howard Johnson, hoping to visit the local aquarium, beach and Old Mystic Village. One of the reviews stated that they had arrived early at the hotel and weren’t able to placed into a room until exactly 4 (check in time). Knowing this, my fiancé and I tried to arrive if not at 4 then a little after. When we got there at a little after 4 the first women we spoke with at the front desk stated our room “wasn’t ready” and we’d have to wait. I was not happy and luckily the other women at the front desk noticed and made accommodations to get us in a room right then. The hotel was average, the hot tub and patio were nice, the pool was a little on the dirty side so we didn’t swim in it and there was little service. We actually tried to find a number to reach the front desk from our room and we’re unable to find one. It would have also been nice if the price came with a complimentary breakfast. It was an average hotel for an average price.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
terconn, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us, we work hard to provide a clean and comfortable room for our guests. I am sorry you were not able to reach the front desk there should have been instructions on the phone to dial 0 to reach us
I do hope you will give us another try
Terry Connors

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Excellent hotel for family on budget w/ kids. Nice pool - not huge but just enough for two active boys. Great beds in the rooms, rooms very spacious. CLOSE to every attraction in Mystic. Great mini vacation

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2012

The hotel was in the perfect location. Near to all and easy access to the Interstate.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room. We will the next time we stay there.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I travel to Mystic 3 to 4 times a year and usually stay here. It's in a great location, right off the highway, and near lots of restaurants and attractions. I have stayed at this location so many times that everyone at the front desk recognises me. In all the times I have stayed here I have never met a rude employee. The front desk as well as the housekeeping staff have always treated me in a friendly and professional manner. It's part of the reason I keep coming back.

The room I stayed in had new bedding and was told that the televisions are also in the process of being replaced. The pillows are comfortable but soft, so it's good they give you four on each bed. There are microwaves, refrigerators and coffee makers in every room.

My only complaint is that they do not offer breakfast. Just about every other hotel, including HoJo's offer a continental breakfast. But you do get a 10% discount at both Friendly's and Equinox if you show your room key.

I think it is a great value for the price and in a great location. I will be back again soon.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Stayed here because we waited until the last minute to visit Mystic for the kids winter vacation and couldn't get a room anywhere else without paying through the nose. I guess you really do get what you pay for because we arrived around 2:30 and check in was at 4. The woman behind the desk was very abrupt and informed us very sternly that check in is at 4 and thats that. (we had been driving for over an hour) Fine, but perhaps we could get a bite to eat and check in at 3:30? Nope, 4 o'clock, no sooner! Same issue with checking out, check out is noon and you better be gone by noon! The next morning I informed the same woman at the desk that we might be a little past noon checking out( we overslept and had a late breakfast), would that be ok? NO!! checkout is at noon, we are booked solid (there were never more than 8 or 9 cars in the parking lot at any given time) and need to have the rooms ready for 4. Really? it takes 4 hrs. to clean one room?? My kids went to the pool to swim while I packed up and they were literally kicked out! At noon, while I was finishing packing up, the woman at the desk called and threatened us if we didn't leave immediately! Ten minutes later while I was loading up the car, she called the room again harrassing us! We ended up running out to the car with the kids soaking wet and the woman glaring at us from the lobby! Never again!!!

Room Tip: unfortunately all the rooms with the jacuzzi baths were on the second floor and there is no elevator, so be prepared to walk up a couple of flights (not fun with luggage)
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family