“Grilled cheese and cupcake heaven!”

Bleu Squid Breakfast and Bakery Cafe
Ranked #3 of 10 Dessert in Mystic
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stopped here for lunch after visiting Mystic Aquarium based on reviews I read on here and we were not disappointed! The 4 of us ordered a different sandwich and everyone was happy and full (I had the one with blue cheese and bacon which was fantastic). Took cupcakes to go as we were too full to eat them then and they were great too. My son had the M&M cupcake (with candy in the cake as well as on the icing), my daughter had the chocolate peanut butter, my husband had the triple lemon, and I strongly recommend the pineapple cream cheese if they have it!
A few high-top tables inside, as well as a small deck with tables and umbrellas outside. Oh, and they did have a few options other than grilled cheese, just in case someone in your party isn't into it.

1  Thank jfishfrr

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had Lobster Grilled Cheese which was very good. It is a small place but we got a table right away. You could also eat outside. We had good service too,

1  Thank jlsk
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I'm just agreeing with everyone else... Absolutely the best cupcakes you'll find just about anywhere. You can dream about the cupcakes while you are enjoying a great grilled cheese sandwich. Best grilled cheese around with lots of unique varieties. My wife and I stopped here for a quick lunch and we can't wait to go back. Very friendly staff.

1  Thank misterb129
Reviewed July 12, 2013

These are the best cupcake in Connecticut. We got the Bleu Squid cupcake that was the special for the day.These cupcakes our to died for.

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Great place to split a sandwhich while shopping sooo yummy!! Stopped here with my cousin and split a mozzarella grilled cheese with artichoke and tomato and pesto it was soo good!