“Mmmm...grilled cheese w/ lobster!”

Bleu Squid Breakfast and Bakery Cafe
Ranked #3 of 10 Dessert in Mystic
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my lobster grilled cheese! My husband loved his four cheese grilled cheese, too. The chocolate cupcakes we had weren't my favorite - but my husband really really liked his. But honestly, I am picky about icing.
The young lady who helped us was very nice as well!
Now that I'm home, I wish I had bought the set of three tapenades, or the honey. So, if you go to Bleu Squid, be sure to pick up a honey or tapenade for me. They are much more than just grilled cheese (though their grilled cheese was better than any I'd ever had!).

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Sandwich combos were delish and the cupcakes divine. The staff was super friendly and very attentive. We loved our lunch on the porch!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My 2 kids and I had lunch here on a Friday. I had the sourdough grilled cheese with tomato, my daughter had a grilled chicken sandwich, and my son a turkey sandwich. All of the sandwiches were freshly made and absolutely delicious.

We all shared the best coconut cupcake ever.

This was so good, that my daughter had us go back the next day to have her picture taken next to their cute sign. It took EXTREME willpower not to go back in for another cupcake.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I grew up going to Mystic for day trips, but only discovered this great place just over a year ago. I love their grilled cheese sandwiches because the ingredients are great and there is always something I haven't tried yet. My favorite so far is the apple and chicken grilled cheese. I've yet to try their cupcakes, but have only heard good things about them. I look forward to going back over the summer!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I had the best grilled sourdough bacon, tomato, cheese sandwich ever. Also, the peanut butter cupcake was awesome also. I recommend this to anyone. The service was great and the whole menu looked delicious.