“Average Seafood /Diner”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014

While staying in Mystic, figured might as well eat Seafood. We chose the Mystic Boathouse. It reminded me of a diner that serves seafood. The food was good, not great. The ambienence was so so. It seemed a bit run down and the aroma of the restaurant could have been better. Next time I will try a differenct seafood restaurant. Prices were reasonable. The bar area seemed very lively and were setting up for live entertainment.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

The night I was there in the bar was live music and it was great . Food and atmosphere matched and the service was good. I have eaten here twice now and as a traveler they have welcomed me and made me feel comfortable . Not a bad item to speak .I will be going back again

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I was catching an early movie so I stopped in solo for a bite to eat. I sat at the bar and ordered a glass of wine and an order of calamari. It was delivered in the blink of an eye! It was good, not the best I've had mostly due to the marinara sauce which was heavy on the Italian seasonings and a bit over powering. I should have opted for the Thai chile sauce instead. The bartender was attentive and efficient.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Casual seafood and pub fare in a pleasant atmosphere. The prices are very attractive and the clams casino a must to try. This place is popular with the locals. Visitors who find it are the lucky ones.

MysticBoathouse, Owner at Mystic Boathouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thanks so much, Peter! We very much appreciate your business, and your taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We actually found a bar that is open after 10 pm on a Saturday night. Living in NJ and frequenting NY; I am unaccustomed to bars closing by 9 pm which is the culture of the Mystic, CT area. We were searching for a place to have a few drinks and saw a couple of cars in the parking lot. We stopped in and asked if they were open and the bartender advised that they were as long as there were customers. For the next 3 hours we sat at the bar with several friendly travelers that were staying in the Holiday Inn Express next door. The bartender and manager were very amenable to staying open for us. The drinks were poured well. Unfortunately the kitchen closed at 10 so we were unable to try the food. The ambiance is nice enough. We will definitely be back.

Thanks for taking the time to review us! We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in town.

Been to Mystic Boathouse? Share your experiences!