“Nice casual place, good food”
Review of Mystic Boathouse

Mystic Boathouse
Ranked #40 of 102 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We wanted some place to catch a casual meal upon our arrival in Mystic. This place fit the bill. We were extremely pleased with our meal. We split the beet salad and both had the salmon. I was impressed that the waitress asked how we wanted the salmon prepared and checked back to make sure it was to our satisfaction. Nice wine list, too. Nothing pricey, but someone knows some good values. Our waitress was very attentive. Good value for the money.

MysticBoathouse, Owner at Mystic Boathouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

So glad you enjoyed your visit! We always enjoy hearing customers compliment our wine list - we try hard to find great wine at great prices. Thanks for the nice review.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I were staying ate the Holiday Inn Express right next door and decided to go to the Boathouse for a beer and some light grub. The place is nicely decorated with nautical motives, as expected, and has both an indoor restaurant area and a terrace which is quite a treat given that the property sits on top of a hill. The bar area is cool and quite cozy as well. Beer on tap is less than $5, fried calamari $10 and belly clams $12 for generous and very savory portions. Staff is friendly and very professional. Highly recommended.

MysticBoathouse, Owner at Mystic Boathouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thanks for the nice review! I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves. Please visit again next time you are in town.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Food was very good service was fast and pleasant very clean inside and not cramped, friendly and attentive staff

Thank you for the review Jim! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I had lunch at The Boathouse and all went reasonably well. I had the lobster roll with sweet potato fries and my wife had the lobster salad. Eash meal came with a reported 4 ounces of small lobster tidbits which got lost in the salad and on the roll. If the pieces of lobster were larger we could have tasted it but all we got was a faint lobster taste. I would even be happy to pay more for additional lobster so maybe the managment at this restaurant might offer offer more lobster for more money.

Thank you for your feedback, Jack. I appreciate your input, and will speak with our chef about your suggestions. Hope you enjoyed your visit to Mystic!

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Really nicw at an unexpectedly decent price. If it's on the specials menu when you go, get the lobster risotto. It's delicious and a great serving for the price. The atmosphere is nice with a cute decor. Perfect for a date or an anniversary dinner

Thanks for the nice review! The lobster risotto is definitely one of our most popular specials. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.