“A pleasant surprise!”

Mystic Boathouse
Ranked #30 of 99 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, MA
“A pleasant surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

A surprisingly good place to eat! Four of us had dinner at the Boathouse, and none of us were disappointed in any way. The scallops were especially good -- the best I've ever tasted! They also did a fine Caesar salad, which is a place where many much fancier restaurants fall down. The food was reasonably prince -- this is a place I'll go back to.

• Visited June 2013

Groton CT
“Daughter's Bridal Shower”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I had Kaitlin help us at this restaurant for my daughter's bridal shower for about 24 people. She helped me pick out the food and drinks and was very patient with my many changes and phone calls to have this come out "just right". I was extremely happy with using this venue, the food was good and Kaitlyn even had a framed Congratulations Jessica and Jonathan in the bathroom along with a bouquet of flowers. I highly recommend this restaurant as I have also enjoyed eating in the main dining room with great entrees and a "to die for" chocolate dessert.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank suzibeach
Westerly, Rhode Island
“Saturday Night Dinner Group”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Our dinner-group visited there in early May, after a recommendation from my daughter and her friends. The food was excellent, the service was a bit slower than we wished and our seating was in a noisy section away from the live music.

The overall rating of our group was that is was above average, but not outstanding. We felt that had we opted for seating in a smaller room adjacent to the bar area, it would have been quieter.

Setauket, New York
“Casual restaurant, great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

It was a last minute decision to have dinner here, but a good choice. The atmosphere was much more casual than expected, but we were not dressed too nicely so it was good. The restaurant is kid friendly, but please keep in mind that not all kids behave- especially tired ones who have spent all day at the aquarium, so it can be a little loud.
Service was great, very attentive staff.
We ordered soup and a pizza as appetizers, both were delicious. Dinner was sweet potato crusted scallops (yum, it was a special but should be added to the regular menu) and stuffed lobster. My hard to please husband referred to his lobster meal as "outstanding" and "outrageous".
Desserts were good, as well. I enjoyed the key lime pie, my daughter had an enormous slice of Oreo cake.
We will return.

1 Thank Sharon S
Mystic, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious and friendly, fast service!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

My hubby & I ate dinner tonight at the Boathouse. We are regular visitors to Mystic from Brooklyn,NY. We always stay at HIE & decided because of rain to eat at Boathouse next door to hotel. We were seated promptly. We started with oysters which were delicious! We had the appetizer Brie with fig jam & flatbread. Very delicious & went well with our white wine. Then we had chicken soup with Caribbean spices-- also good. For entrees, my hubby had the skirt steak with sweet potato fries & I had pan seared scallops with rice pilaf & vegetables. We both enjoyed our meals immensely & topped the meal off sharing a slice of Harvest pie with tea & coffee. Overall excellent meal, service and price!!!

1 Thank Hyacinth G

Been to Mystic Boathouse? Share your experiences!