“Good Experience”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I went with our 2 yr ol son last week Thurs. We ordered all appetizers to get mix of things off their menu. The waitress was OK ... she was attentive. The fresh bread was a real treat!!! I really enjoyed the crab cake ...same with a nice chipotle sauce on the side. Shrimp cocktail was good. The baked clams ... OK ...nothing out of this world but good. And my husband really enjoyed the fresh oysters and clams. It was a quick in and out ... fortunately bc we had a toddler with us but the crayons they provided plus some toys I had kept him plenty busy.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Went here for dinner. The place was a bit empty but I think it is because we went here on an off hour. Speedy service and good food. My fiance still cant stop talking about how good the lobster was!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

This restaurant was recommened to us by the Hyatt. We received a 10% voucher to use from the Hyatt but honestly I wish we had gone somewhere else. Waitress was extremely nice but food was not very good. I got the fish and chips and it was greasy and overcooked on the outside. My husband got a steak and said it was ok. It is a bit on the pricey side especially for a family. I would not go back and sad to say would not recommend it.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

After a day at the Mystic Aquarium, we ventured down the road and found the Mystic Boathouse (it's a very short drive, not even 5 minutes away from the aquarium). Despite it's name, the place is located atop a hill with no view of boats or water, so if you are thinking that you will get a nice view of the harbor or something...forget it. The place was pretty empty when we first arrived, but it started to fill up quickly. The service was good and the food was good as well. My hubby loved the clam chowder, but he thought the fish (the stuffed cod), wasn't the greatest (for being in a seaport community, he said the fish tasted like it had been frozen for a while). I got a steak, which was luke warm at best when it arrived, but the sauce it came in was phenomenal. The green beans that accompanied my steak were rather bland as were the garlic mashed potatoes. My 3 yr old was satisfied with his choice, but you can't really go wrong with chicken fingers and fries. However for the 3 of us, the total without gratuity was over $60. Its a nice little family place but not really worth the price.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

The service was almost non existent. I don't know if they were short on help or if that's the norm for them. We almost got up and walked out, as it took over 20 min for our wait staff to acknowledge us. The food was okay but certainly not great. It certainly wasn't worth the price. Find somewhere else to eat!

Been to Mystic Boathouse? Share your experiences!