“Expensive” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mystic Boathouse

Mystic Boathouse
Ranked #31 of 98 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wantagh, New York
“Expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2011

Food was good but for a family of 5, it was Too expensive.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Upstate, NY
“Very Good Food Nice for Families”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2011

It was a little too noisy for my taste. Perhaps because there is no carpet to absorb the voices. On a rainy Sat night it was crowded. The service was good. No complaints from the 4 of us except for the loudness mentioned above. I'd definitely try it again maybe a weeknight would not be as crowded.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank NYAnge53
“Needs work.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2011

If you like mediocre food at top prices than this is the place for you.
Clams casino were way off the mark. putting bacon on top of butter and bread crumbs does not make a clam "casinoed". We also had the chowder and it made me feel sad that these folks. They own a seafood restaurant in New England and haven't a clue that good chowder is easy to make from scratch and you don't need to open a can to get it done.
I ate the crab cake, it was ok, but overall heavy and greasy, it would be top shelf bar food. same for the lobster roll that my wife had. My daughter had the fried shrimp. The batter was weak and tasteless, and for an 85 buck tab one would expect the shrimp to be deveined.."dad why is there poop in my shrimp?"

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank captriker72
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Nice..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2011

This restaurant was right next to the hotel we stayed in. So, we ate there our first night in Mystic. We initially were seated in the lounge but it was too loud and too warm in there, so we asked to be seated in the dining room with very little fuss. We were seated next to a window, so plenty of light. I really dislike the places where you need a flashlight just to see your menu. Anyway, everyone from the hostess to our quirky waitress were very friendly and fast in their service. Once we were seated there was very little time before our waitress came and took our drink order. They serve foccacia bread w/dipping oil which is very good in its simplicity. Both my husband and I had the fried belly clams with their home made potato chips and there's a small portion of what seemed to be freshly made cole slaw. The portions are not huge but not overly small either. The sauce that came with the clams was real good; had a hint of what might be horseradish sauce..I liked it. :) The cole slaw was real good and fresh tasting with a hint of green pepper. The potato chips might have been a bit over cooked, but not so that there was a huge burnt potato taste or anything. The clams were lightly breaded so that you could actually taste clam and not just the breading, but still, a bit bland. It wasn't a perfect meal but nor was it bad either. If I were to visit Mystic again, I'd go to the Mystic Boathouse again. :)

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank jenlaur1
Fort Myers, Florida
“Great addition to Mystic restaurants...especially for locals!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2011

As a now frequent customer and a local resident, all I can say is try it. It is a nice change from some of the tourist traps in the area. Everyone there is super friendly and accomodating, the food is reasonable as well as the drinks.

• Visited January 2011
3 Thank mooseconn

Been to Mystic Boathouse? Share your experiences!