“pumpkin whoopie - yummie!!”
Review of Lis Bake Shop

Lis Bake Shop
Ranked #3 of 7 Bakeries in Mystic
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
San Francisco
“pumpkin whoopie - yummie!!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stopped in this cute little bakery and got some miniature pumpkin whoopie pies -- rich pumpkin flavor with a sort of cream cheese icing filling inside - they were yummie!! We also got some really great cookies here -- highly recommend stopping by for a treat. You can get coffee drinks here and other things but there didn't seem to be a lot of seating. On a warm day you could probably sit outside somewhere and enjoy your treats. The staff was very friendly.

• Visited March 2014

Portland, Maine
“My Search Is Over!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I have eaten cupcakes all over the country and these are some of the best. Not only are they moist and delicious they are large and worth the large price. I live in NYC and these put many of the cupcakes here to shame. I've been twice and had the peanut butter explosion (amazing), pistachio, red velvet (decent), and carrot (amazing). Don't just take my word or the others, see for yourself!

• Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly takeaway cafe with cakes”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I visited because of the great cupcake reviews! The coffee was good and the service friendly. I ordered a raspberry brownie and a black bottom cupcake (choc chip cream cheese filling in choc sponge). The brownie was dense but not chocolatey enough for us (the raspberry later was a bit too sweet). The cupcake was disappointing: the chocolate frosting was really thick and sweet so I took most of it off - and I have a sweet tooth! The filling and sponge was good but not worth $3.75 I'm afraid. The cafe has a few bar stools but don't go expecting to get a table to sit at.

Visited December 2013
Canton, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Cupcakes are Worth the Visit”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Without a doubt the Best cupcakes I have ever had. I had the pistachio and my wife had the carrot cake. The texture of the cupcake was to die for and the frosting just came alive in your mouth without being over sweet. The coffee wasn't too bad either. A perfect combo for a chilly morning,

• Visited October 2013
Higuey
“Delicious!”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Found this hidden gem while walking around Mystic Thankgiving weekend. I am so glad I stopped in. I was torn between a pisaschio cupcake, a pumpkin whoopie pie and a piece of pumkin torte. A woman behind the counter suggested the pumkin torte because she sold many as pre-orders for the holiday. Since that was my first choice, I went with it. It was absolutely to die for! I didn't get to eat it until 2 days later and it was still fresh. I can't even describe the cream other than it was "out of this world." I look forward to my next visit to try something new.

• Visited November 2013

Been to Lis Bake Shop? Share your experiences!