“love this place”

Ranked #2 of 6 Bakeries in Mystic
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed March 20, 2013

good coffee and baked goods. The only time i do not like this place is when it is not open.
I am a fan of the whoopie pies and outdoor seating. There is even a view. I love these teeny little gems like Lis and Kitchen Little.

1  Thank SCTaz

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Lis' Bake Shop is a gem in Mystic, CT. What an amazing assortment of cupcakes: "Black bottom", red velvet, coconut, lemon blueberry, carrot, & more. Lis will produce fantastic special orders for you as well. For our 5th wedding anniversary she made us a champagne & strawberry cake and took the time to locate a fleur de lys mold for the cake's decoration. The shop is pristinely clean and resembles an English tea shop. Take-aways are boxed with colourful ribbons. Lis and her staff are personable and welcoming. A must for any visitor to Mystic!

Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

The owner assisted us and she was lovely. The pistachio cupcake is moist and light. The frosting is delectable with its fluffy consistency and delicate flavors, this is my all time favorite cupcake. They also have an excellent tuxedo cake that is rich and chocolatey. The lemon blueberry cupcakes are bright and fresh. The place is tiny so I recommend getting your items to go.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We popped into this little waterfront jewel while strolling about Mystic last winter. We were looking for places to order items/entertain guests for our upcoming wedding (January 2012). We ordered tea, chai latte, a tangerine cupcake, and white chocolate raspberry. Heavenly! We spoke with the owner, who gladly discussed options for our wedding cake. We had no idea what we wanted, and she was able to put together options on the fly. She spoke to us several times over the phone to confirm the order (since we live closer to Hartford). Come time for the big day, she delivered the cake for us to the restaurant, no charge! Everyone loved the cake, especially since it was tangerine- very unique. We cannot wait to take the cake top out of the freezer for our anniversary!

That being said, I do wish Li's had vegan and gluten free options! I am now a vegan, and still really really want their cupcakes!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

The lady behind the counter was rude. Very pushy. We ordered blueberry muffins. They were so hard, I thought my wife chipped a tooth. Almost came back in to get our money back but the place was so dirty I couldn't return.

Been to Lis Bake Shop? Share your experiences!