“NYC to Boston with Six”
Review of Argia Cruises

Argia Cruises
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Sail away on a relaxing cruise aboard ARGIA, an 81-foot traditional sailing ship. Enjoy islands, lighthouses, and fresh air. Ticket price includes snacks and soft drinks. You may bring your own picnic basket, beer or wine. US Coast Guard inspected. Gift Certificates available. Charter the whole ship for your private event.
Illinois
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“NYC to Boston with Six”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

With four teenaged boys in tow, this was quite a change of pace, but they really liked it. We had to mentally tell ourselves that it was okay to slow down and relax. Because we sailed in the middle of the day, the winds were up and we hardly used the motor at all. Our three woman crew were fantastic and impressive.

Remember to take your suncreen and sunglasses!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank KSaenz

“Cool sailing!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

The boat was awesome, the water was nice and calm, the staff was well verse in running a ship...the only downside was the fog!

Brooklyn, New York
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“very nice”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

very nice to do in the summer months ..went with family and the ride gives you a good view of the village

Visited July 2011
1 Thank 807bkny
mystic
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“a great way to see mystic”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I live close by. In the summertime I have a lot of visiting family and friends. When my very small boat isnt quite big enough to accomodate everyones needs i have often taken a cruise on the "Argia". There are seats available for the older folks to be comfortable. Its big enough for my biggest crowd. The crew is a very nice bunch of folks. I dont want any of my visitors to miss this great way to experience the sailors feel of the Mystic River and the Sound! This venue is the best way I have found to do that. I believe that to often people come to this area and miss experiencing what makes this place tick.. the river, the sound, the boats. This is a trip I recommend to everyone and anyone as a way to get out there and "do" Mystic.

Visited August 2011
4 Thank renee c
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Really fun boat ride!”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Went on afternoon trip with my fiancé and it was great! I am a little afraid of boats and have gotten sea sick before but went because my fiance wanted to and it was very calm water and the ride was so smooth and the crew so professional that I was never worried (even though we sailed pretty fast and the boat tilted a little). The crew told us about what we were seeing on the sides of the river and about other boats that we saw and the two really cool bridges we went through. I would definitely do this again - it was the kind of relaxing and exciting combination that I'm always looking for in a vacation activity.

Visited September 2011
6 Thank Kathy J

Been to Argia Cruises? Share your experiences!