“Astonishingly good food”

Thai One On Where East Meets West
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We offer healthy and tasty eastern cuisine, prepared in the manner of native Thailand - slightly adjusted and specialty menued for taste - with a western presentation. We use only fresh ingredients and add no MSG. Every meal is cooked separately, which allows us to meet special needs of our customers (such as gluten free diet or various allergies). Our restaurant was designed to present a casual/classy cafe-like environment in which our customers can enjoy both a traditional dining room and a lounge area with the full bar
Groton, CT
“Astonishingly good food”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Every dish I get from this place is awesome, without exception. Yesterday they has a special of crab Rangoon as an appetizer and they were the best I ever had. They were not the usual stuffed bag of wonton wrapper, but light pillows, hand sealed in a cross on top. The texture and taste was wonderful.
We have tried seafood, noodle, and meat dishes and all are distinctive and great. The four spice levels are evenly incremental as opposed to the common practice of level 4, the spiciest being much hotter than level 3. In other words, the spicier levels will not ruin the dish with unbearable heat.
They are only open for lunch Tuesday-Friday and they do serve the complete menu at the very attractive bar.

• Visited December 2013

New York City, New York
“Excellent place!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Such a nice, warm and welcoming atmosphere. Good food and drinks. The staff is friendly and fast. Prices are reasonable. Would definitely recommend if you're in the area.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank BeachFest6
St. John's, Canada
“Tasty and Inexpensive”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Adjacent to many chain hotels and inns, this restaurant was an easy choice for an evening meal. Our server was prompt, knowledgeable and courteous. We ordered chicken satay as an appetizer. I chose the hot red curry which turned out to be very tasty with plenty of chicken and heat. My wife had the swai fish with vegetables. A good Spanish red and a Long Trail beer held up well to the spiciness. If you like spicy Thai then you will like Thai One On. Inexpensive food and drinks. Recommended.

Visited October 2013
Durham, North Carolina
“Average to above average Thai food at an average price”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Walked here from the Marriott hotel next door (four of us) for Sunday night dinner - - very handy after a long drive to not have to get back in the car and find our way around after dark. Four beers, four appetizers, four entrees for a total of about $110. Food was good, and they will adjust the spice level to your taste, but none of the dishes were outstanding - - just standard Thai / Asian fair. I'd go back for the convenience and dependability, but if you are looking for some a place that stands above the rest, this is not it.

• Visited October 2013
Taunton, Massachusetts
“Lousy food/good drinks”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I were visiting Mystic for our anniversary. We got a kick out of the name of the place and also enjoy Thai food. The place looks nice inside but the food from the appetizers on was a big disappointment! The crab Rangoon was not hot and didn't taste like it was made with cream cheese, maybe cottage cheese? The wings were under cooked and tasteless. I still held out some hope for our main dishes. My husband and I love this Thai dish called "Drunken noodle". We both ordered a dish we thought sounded like that called "Rad-Nar" It was awful and I couldn't eat it. I hate to send back food but I really wasn't enjoying it so when our waitress came over I told her. She never offered to take it back, she asked my husband if he'd like a to-go container. She did ask me if I'd like to order something else so I thought I'd order some fried rice (something that's hard to mess up on). The rice its self was okay but the chicken, beef, and pork had all dried up edges as if it had been left out many hrs. I ate the rice around the meats.The 2 shrimps were very good. That dish was 15.00. My husband enjoyed the 2 drinks he had. The dinner cost about 95.00 and I left very unhappy. Funny, I should have listened to the young girl from the front desk at our hotel. She didn't advise going there but I figured she was young and didn't really know.

• Visited October 2013
ThaiOneOn, Guest Relations Manager at Thai One On Where East Meets West, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Senior Reviewer,
Thank you for your feedback.
We totally understand your disappointment with the dish called Rad-Nar, when you expected to have “Drunken Noodle”. : For one who is craving for flavors of “Drunken Noodle”, Rad-Nar will never do it. It is a very different dish, with a different sauce, flavor and ingredients. Though we do not have a dish on the menu that is called “Drunken Noodle”, we do have something similar to it under the name “Thai One On Noodle”. If you would just let your waitress (who is very well trained) know that you are looking for something similar to “Drunken Noodle”, she would happily recommended “Thai One On Noodle” to you.
Rad-Nar, on the other hand, is a very popular dish; we have number of regular customers who come to our restaurant specifically for Rad-Nar. Additionally, as your waitress can recollect, your husband did like it; he kept and completely finished your Rad-Nar in addition to the one that he had ordered for himself.
Again, we value the feedback that you posted on the tripadvisor, though if you would just let us know what dish you were looking for while placing your order in the restaurant, surely you would avoid your disappointment.
As for the crabrangoon, we can absolutely positively say that it made with the real cream cheese.
The other thing that we’d like to address is the cost of your dinner. As our menu states: wings-$7; crabrangoon -$ 7.95; two Rad-Nar(s)- $13x2=$26; Thai One On Fried Rice-$15. Total for food is $55.95. You said you spent $95. It would be possible ONLY if you had four martinis $10 each or any other combination of drinks equal to $40.00.
We have no knowledge of how much you’d pay for an equal dinner in the town where you came from, but one who’d like to have dinner that includes 2 appetizers, 3 entrees and 4 martinis for less than $95.00 in Mystic, CT would hardly succeed in finding such a restaurant.