“Great stay, Nice People”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Reviewed July 5, 2008

We arrived on June, 29, 2008 for a one night stay. Check in was quick & pleasant. I did find a coupon, at a rest stop on Rt 95, for $10. less then what I registered for online at the hotel website, but the gal at check in would not honor it. Other than that, our entire stay was excellent. The room was spotless and the bed was very comfortable and quiet. The outdoor pool was clean and mostly used by children. I was previously told, that there was a bus trip to one of the casino's but that is no longer available. The FREE breakfast included, fresh fruit, fruit salad, hot & cold cereals, Bagels, toast, muffins, Waffles that you make yourself, hard boiled eggs, Orange, apple & cranbury juice, coffee, tea & milk. The attendant kept the counters and tables clean and all food was restocked as needed. When I needed shampoo & conditioner, that was not in the room when we arrived, The front desk happily supplied me with what I needed. In my opinion, this hotel should be rated #1 !!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed July 4, 2008

We've stayed at the Comfort Inn in Mystic, Conn several times over the years. We always go when visiting friends in Conn. and RI. In short, we love it. The place is clean, upscale and affordable. Its got a basket of apples when you walk in, that are among the best ones I've ever had. Green Mountain coffee and tea are always at the ready. The continental breakfast is very good and pleasantly presented The breakfast nook is not sterile and bland, but actually in a livingroom area with comfortable furniture, a big TV, and newspapers and magazines. We go with our dog, and get a room tucked away in a corner, where he won't bother anyone. The outside area is huge and beautifully landscaped, with plenty of space reserved for dog walking. They did increase the dog fee recently from $25 to $75 (which is pretty steep), but management may give a break to returning customers. The rooms are clean and comfortable. HBO is included and a full range of pay movies and shows are available. The outdoor pool and exercise areas are nice, if pedestrian. Its one minute from Mystic Village shops and the aquarium. Its the perfect place to stay while visiting the area.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2008

We have stayed at this hotel before, and it has been updated nicely since our last visit. Clean rooms, double beds (would have preferred queen), nothing fancy, but nice bedspreads, "wrought iron" lamps, 2 upholstered chairs in the room, full length mirror and good sized tv. No closet in our room but an armoire to hang our clothes. Breakfast included in the price, consisting of cereals, baked goods, coffee, juices, fruit, make your own waffles and more served in the lobby area with quite a few tables available. They had an outdoor pool with tables and chairs on the patio, where you could enjoy your breakfast outside if you wished. Our room was on 2nd floor far away from the elevator, so was easier to park and come through back door and carry our belongings up the stairs. If it is necessary for you to be near the elevator, be sure to mention that when your room is assigned. We were pleasantly surprised that the rooms were much brighter than they used to be, and the staff was cheerful. Nearby all of the things Mystic has to offer, right off I-95.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Vermont95
Reviewed June 21, 2008

I just returned from an overnight stay in this hotel. Some new features of the Continental Breakfast left me wondering "Why the Change?". The cereal station was moved into the area where people are making toast and waffles. This added to the congestion of an already crowded area. Since children usually like to select their own cereal, they must now come into an area with hot appliances. In short, "If it isn't broke, don't fix it". Also, the Continental Breakfast used to be from 6:00am - 10:00am. Monday thru Sunday. Now it is from 6am thru 9am Monday thru Friday and 6am thru 10am on Saturday and Sunday. In the Summer families are on vacation. People like to sleep in. Extending the hours for the Summer would appear to be a good idea to accommodate these families and to ease the congestion of the dining area. I am a frequent guest at this hotel. I have found it tries very hard to provide for the comfort and needs of the guests. These two changes would help to accomplish this goal.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ardvrks
ComfortInnMystic, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2008

Thank you so much for your review. You will be happy to know that we have extended our breakfast hours during the week and moved the cereal station to where it was prior. On your next visit with us you will enjoy a few new item choices on the breakfast bar as well.

Again, thank you for your review we greatly appreciate the feedback. I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Amy Rogers
Comfort Inn, Mystic

Reviewed May 27, 2008

Pros:

My wife, our 1 1/2 girl, 3 years old boy and I stayed here for one night on 24th. May. Booking was easy. It's very close to 1-95 North. It appeared to be a nicely maintained hotel.

Front desk staff was pleasant and helpful. We asked for extra pillows to protect our kids from falling off the bed, four extra blankets were sent to our room for the kids' protection! The room had ample lighting; was spacious; free of odors: equipped with a closet, refrigerator, microwave, little counter and hand washing sink, sofa-
bed, table and chair, iron board and coffee machine. We had a view of the pool, which the kids loved, and essentially a whirlpool in the room.

Breakfast was excellent. Waffles were delicious. Staff had an eye on everything and was promptly refilling the stalls with everything. Happy we chose this hotel.

Cons:

We had to pay $246 with tax for one night. For that price it was a little expensive. Whirlpool in the room should have had some kind of door to keep small children away from it. Kids kept running to it till the time they were put to bed and the running back and forth started the moment they woke up in the morning. Every second we were afraid they would get hurt by falling in it. If you're travelling with kids younger than 5, don't rent a room with whirlpool in the room, you'll ruin your relaxation. At the counter in the room was a bottle of water with a price tag of $2.50. The note said that if the seal is broken or if you use the water you'll be billed $2.50! That was a low, low blow for $246 a night! Not leaving the bottle there at all would have been a better choice.

Back entrance had a weird smell but it disappeared once you get to the hallway.

The room had an air conditioning unit at one side, since the room was spacious, cool air would not distribute equally throughout the room. The other end of the room remained warm for a pretty long time. A freestanding fan could rectify the problem.

• Stayed: May 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
ComfortInnMystic, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2008

Thank you so much for the review. As I have traveled many times a sleepless night is not enjoyable. I would like for you to join us again here at The Comfort Inn and next time we will most certainly place your family in a more child friendly room with two double beds.

We value your comments and business.

Amy Rogers

Reviewed April 24, 2008

I booked this hotel based on previous reviews of the hotel. I was disappointed from the start of the stay. Doors were not automatic, thank God I only had one suitcase. I booked a non-smoking room but the room smelled of cigarette.

The bed and pillows were uncomfortable. If you don't like thick pillows, bring your own.

Location-wise, it was perfect. Very close to attractions and the highway.

The woman in-charge of the breakfast gave my husband a hard time. She was always watching him like a hawk. I was surprised when the front desk person told me that everybody loves her. (Must be the employees, not the guests).

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
ComfortInnMystic, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2008

Thank you for your review. We understand your stay was not to your satisfaction and your comments are not taken lightly. We strive to offer our guests an enjoyable stay.

I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns.

Amy Rogers, CASE
Comfort Inn Mystic
860-572-8531
arogers@whghotels.com

Reviewed April 13, 2008

If you are leery about booking a Comfort Inn because of past experiences with some past their prime, do not have that worry about this hotel. It is clearly one of the best Comfort Inns that I have stayed at. We got the room free because of the amount of Choice points I had, and the place was filled, but no problem checking in, and within 10-15 minutes of being in the room the front desk CALLED to make sure everything was okay with the room.

I'm still shocked.

It's just off I-95, but far enough that you can't hear it. The parking lot is big and well lit, pretty much within a mile or two of everything Mystic, CT has to offer, and is a great alternative to the high cost of staying at Mohegan Sun Casino which is about 25-30 minutes away.

Our room with a king bed came with two bath towels and two face cloths, so if you don't want to drip dry you should request more, shower pressure the only negative.

If you are thirsty bring something to drink with you, none of the soda vending machines I could find worked

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple