“Ok since we had a gift certificate”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Trainer,Pa
“Ok since we had a gift certificate”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We just spent two nights at this location while we had a fall get away. I must be honest we booked here as we had a choice hotels gift certficate to use. After reading other reviews I was aware this hotel could use some work but when we pulled up I admit I was not expecting this to go well. The lobby area is nice and the hallways were well lit and clean. The room while a little small but clean and comfortable. Did wish there was a fridge but we were fine wihout one. My one complaint was that out room was not cleaned after our first night, we were gone from around 9am until about 3pm came back and nothing had been done. Since they were working on rooms around us we decided to go back out . After about 45mins returned to a room still not done. We went in as we were tired and wanted to rest. It was another 1/2 hour until someone knocked on our door. We went to the lobby while they made the bed and changed out the towels. Since we did not make a mess it was not a big deal but maybe they should start sooner in the morning. The breakfast was ok nothing to write home about but breakfast is not one of my favorite meals anyway. I do feel the rate was a bit high for this property and would look around at some of the other hotels if we came back to Mystic. Also very noisy , I do not know who above us but sounded like the spent most of the night walking back and forth across the room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Massachusetts
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We made reservations weeks in advance to secure what we were assured would be a suite with two separate sleeping areas. When we arrived, we found that the "suite" was just a bedroom with a pullout couch in it. The desk shrugged. That's what we call a suite, they said.

On top of that, the pullout couch was not made up. At 5.00, we informed the desk that we wanted the couch made up by our return at 9.00. When we got back, there was the couch -- with some folded sheets and a blanket on the cushions (as in, "what do you think we are? a motel?").

When we opened the window to get some fresh air, it fell out of the frame.

Overall, the place looked tired. The staff was indifferent. The breakfast wasn't so great, either.

1 Thank aar4
whgecomm, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear aar4:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review as well as your candidness on your recent stay. I take all reviews seriously and appreciate guest feedback as that is the only way we can continually work to improve in our services, accommodations and overall hospitality.

I am sorry to learn we did not meet your expectations and for the confusion on your room accommodations as we don't have any 2-bedroom suite in our hotel. I will be sharing your comments with our front desk staff and housekeeping department in regards to the issues you addressed.

Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything further you would like to discuss.

Best Regards
Scott Barlow

Travelers are raving about these Mystic hotels

Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Eggs and sausage were hot, good. Yogurts and nice pastries, and hot/cold cereals.

Carpet in room was never vacuumed during our 3-night stay. Gray dust quite visible all over the room.

Great location.

I saw the (friendly!)housekeeping staff vacuuming the hallways, and me thinks the brushes were worn and the bags were full, as there were no usual "vacuum cleaner marks" on any of the carpeting.

Room Tip: ask for a pet-free, non-smoking upstairs room.
Douglas MA
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have to tell you their continental breakfast was wonderful. The room was very clean & large, king size bed, but small wimpy pillows. Everybody in our group was complaining about that. Front desk was slow in checking in, perhaps the person was new. Well lit parking lot. Pool was closed for the season, saw people working out in exercise room. We had no issue with noise but other people in our party said there were people in the hallway making noise until 3 am. Right down the street from Mystic Aquarium.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My sister and I stayed in this Comfort Inn and found it to be very nice. The staff offered great service. The room was clean and the bathroom spotless. Of course to us it is crazy to spend a lot of money on a room all you are going to do is sleep in because you are out and about all day long. We set a limit of $100 per night and try and stay within that price range as much as possible. It was a pleasant surprise to only pay $89.00 per night for a great room. I really enjoyed the arm chair in the room. I wish more hotels/motels would put in arm chairs and get rid of the table and chairs. It would be a lot more comfortable to watch TV that way rather then have to lay in bed and try and watch TV. We got a good nights sleep, and I got my coffee first thing in the morning. I would have no problem staying here again. It is so convenient to everything we wanted to see and do. I would recommend it

Room Tip: We always have to have a first floor room due to medical reasons, but it has never been a problem...
NY
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My wife and 9 year-old daughter stayed here from Sept. 14-16. This was the worst stay at any hotel ever and we’ve stayed at hotels both in the US and abroad.

Carpet smelled - absolutely filthy and probably hasn't been cleaned since it was installed. Thick layer of dust on carpet. Sheets
did not fit bed - kept popping off. Beds were very uncomfortable and pillows were tiny. Bed headboard had dirt/dust all over it - clearly
visible to us but obviously not to housekeeping and the housekeeping manager Michael.

Very bad odor throughout the hotel. Fitness room is dated and stale - I almost broke my neck using the ancient treadmill - the belt was in bad shape. Breakfast buffet was ok - definitely cannot compare to the Hampton Inn’s buffet breakfast. We were woken up at 230 am by drunk youngsters - slamming doors, yelling, running through the hall with wine bottles. Although there are closed circuits cameras throughout the hotel one would think the person who was working the front desk (his name was Don) would have intervened and tried to manage the situation better in the interest of the guests who were NOT being noisy.

Room Tip: Only one tip that I have - Do not stay at this hotel. You will regret it.
1 Thank seanpatrick99
whgecomm, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear seanpatrick99:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I appreciate all feedback and reviews, as this is how we can continually improve in our services and accommodations. I apologize we did not meet your expectations however and am sorry you found our bedding to be unsatisfactory.

I'm also sorry to learn you did not have a restful night when you were here. I will be reviewing our standards with our Staff in regards to the other guests who woke you in the middle of the night.

Please feel free to call on me directly if there is anything else you would like to discuss with me further.

Ajax
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights in September. It was the best two nights of our holidays!!! The staff was warm and welcoming. The breakfast was good, could have been a little better stocked, but for the money we were very pleaded. We wouldn't hesitate to stay again!!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Susan D
Dear Susan D:

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent stay! I am happy to read you enjoyed your two night stay with us and found it to be of good value. More importantly, I am thrilled to learn you enjoyed the hospitality from our Team of Associates! I will be sure to pass on your comments to all of them! If you are ever back in the Mystic area, I hope you will visit us!