“Excellent breakfast, location”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Eggs and sausage were hot, good. Yogurts and nice pastries, and hot/cold cereals.

Carpet in room was never vacuumed during our 3-night stay. Gray dust quite visible all over the room.

Great location.

I saw the (friendly!)housekeeping staff vacuuming the hallways, and me thinks the brushes were worn and the bags were full, as there were no usual "vacuum cleaner marks" on any of the carpeting.

Room Tip: ask for a pet-free, non-smoking upstairs room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have to tell you their continental breakfast was wonderful. The room was very clean & large, king size bed, but small wimpy pillows. Everybody in our group was complaining about that. Front desk was slow in checking in, perhaps the person was new. Well lit parking lot. Pool was closed for the season, saw people working out in exercise room. We had no issue with noise but other people in our party said there were people in the hallway making noise until 3 am. Right down the street from Mystic Aquarium.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My sister and I stayed in this Comfort Inn and found it to be very nice. The staff offered great service. The room was clean and the bathroom spotless. Of course to us it is crazy to spend a lot of money on a room all you are going to do is sleep in because you are out and about all day long. We set a limit of $100 per night and try and stay within that price range as much as possible. It was a pleasant surprise to only pay $89.00 per night for a great room. I really enjoyed the arm chair in the room. I wish more hotels/motels would put in arm chairs and get rid of the table and chairs. It would be a lot more comfortable to watch TV that way rather then have to lay in bed and try and watch TV. We got a good nights sleep, and I got my coffee first thing in the morning. I would have no problem staying here again. It is so convenient to everything we wanted to see and do. I would recommend it

Room Tip: We always have to have a first floor room due to medical reasons, but it has never been a problem...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My wife and 9 year-old daughter stayed here from Sept. 14-16. This was the worst stay at any hotel ever and we’ve stayed at hotels both in the US and abroad.

Carpet smelled - absolutely filthy and probably hasn't been cleaned since it was installed. Thick layer of dust on carpet. Sheets
did not fit bed - kept popping off. Beds were very uncomfortable and pillows were tiny. Bed headboard had dirt/dust all over it - clearly
visible to us but obviously not to housekeeping and the housekeeping manager Michael.

Very bad odor throughout the hotel. Fitness room is dated and stale - I almost broke my neck using the ancient treadmill - the belt was in bad shape. Breakfast buffet was ok - definitely cannot compare to the Hampton Inn’s buffet breakfast. We were woken up at 230 am by drunk youngsters - slamming doors, yelling, running through the hall with wine bottles. Although there are closed circuits cameras throughout the hotel one would think the person who was working the front desk (his name was Don) would have intervened and tried to manage the situation better in the interest of the guests who were NOT being noisy.

Room Tip: Only one tip that I have - Do not stay at this hotel. You will regret it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank seanpatrick99
whgecomm, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear seanpatrick99:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I appreciate all feedback and reviews, as this is how we can continually improve in our services and accommodations. I apologize we did not meet your expectations however and am sorry you found our bedding to be unsatisfactory.

I'm also sorry to learn you did not have a restful night when you were here. I will be reviewing our standards with our Staff in regards to the other guests who woke you in the middle of the night.

Please feel free to call on me directly if there is anything else you would like to discuss with me further.

Scott Barlow

Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights in September. It was the best two nights of our holidays!!! The staff was warm and welcoming. The breakfast was good, could have been a little better stocked, but for the money we were very pleaded. We wouldn't hesitate to stay again!!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Susan D

Dear Susan D:

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent stay! I am happy to read you enjoyed your two night stay with us and found it to be of good value. More importantly, I am thrilled to learn you enjoyed the hospitality from our Team of Associates! I will be sure to pass on your comments to all of them! If you are ever back in the Mystic area, I hope you will visit us!

Scott Barlow

Reviewed September 10, 2012

One of the best Comfort Inns I've ever stayed in and Choice Hotels are my usual accommodation. I stayed in a great suite, huge room with living room and big chair with all the amenities, flat screen, mini fridge, micro. When I wanted to extend that room wasn't available, so I moved into a standard king, which also had a couch. Friendly people, very well situated in Mystic, not far from New London. Wish they recycled.

Room Tip: If you can afford the suites, they are huge and very homey feeling.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank drdroad
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I must have stayed there the same day as Rosanne F review. All the rooms need to be thoroughly cleaned and updated. I wouldn't walk on the carpet without my flip flops on, it looked filthy. The room was very dark due to one small narrow window and the room had minimal lighting. The only reason for the Average rating is that the bathroom was clean with no problems and the A/C worked Fine. Our breakfast was good and the man at the front desk was very nice. Not far from Mystic Seaport but you have to drive.

Room Tip: Not sure only had the one room and it wasn't very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple