“An absolute delight!”
Review of Steamboat Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mystic
Steamboat Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Mystic B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We found this by chance and what good luck that was. All the rooms are delightfully decorated with original paintings, prints or old photographs that show Mystic and/or ships and yachts, and the furniture is different in each of the 11 rooms. The hostess on duty could not have been more welcoming and helpful and I wish we could have stayed for longer than two nights. There is a nice cosy parlour on the second floor where newspapers are available and where sherry and cookies are available in the evenings; that is also where there is a buffet breakfast of cereals, fruit-juice, fruit salad, toast, muffins, plus scrambled eggs and other cooked items. There is free parking and the inn is located right by the water in the centre of town but away from the road. You can walk everywhere in Mystic from the Inn and it was beautiful to watch the light of the setting sun on the water and harbour in front of us. The nicest place I have ever stayed in the US (we are from the UK).

Room Tip: We were in Ariadne (room 1) on the second floor which has a nice log fire (ready laid for us to ligh...
1  Thank pk104
SandraC970, Manager at Steamboat Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Steamboat Inn. We agree with you, that our location is unbeatable and the we too, truly appreciate our river sunsets. We are thrilled you had a pleasant experience at the Inn and we hope you can return to Mystic soon and enjoy all the Steamboat Inn has to offer!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

My husband and I decided we needed a night away. I wanted a place that was within a couple hours from home and that offered plenty to do. Mystic!!!!! I found the Steamboat Inn by accident online. For as many times as I have been to Mystic, I have never noticed this place. We were greeted by a friendly hostess who showed us around the Inn and to our room. I was immediately impressed by all that I saw. Our room was beautiful with an even more beautiful view of the Mystic River and bridge right outside my window. After settling in, we strolled around town and went into some of the shops. After a nice dinner at the Ancient Mariner, we went back to our room and lit a fire (I believe all rooms have a wood lit fireplace). My husband and I have gone on several 1-2 night getaways in the 8 years we have been together. This was by far the nicest Inn I've stayed in. He felt the same way. (And the most comfortable bed I've slept in while away). I felt very comfortable overall and left the next day after having a satisfying breakfast in their parlor. I can't wait to go back next winter. We will definitely be staying more than one night!!!!!

Room Tip: I asked when I called for a recommendation on a nice room since I had never been there. I told the g...
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The Inn is centrally located within walking distance to shops, galleries and fine restaurants.
The rooms are comfortable and cozy. Our room had a fireplace. The rooms overlook the town and the river. They all have a great view. Parking is adequate and free.
Late afternoon Sherry and fresh baked cookies is a nice touch.
Breakfast is excellent with a variety of breakfast items. Coffee, wate and soft drinks seemed to be available all day.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a great view of the river and the town.
Reviewed March 7, 2014

This winter has been long and cold, we needed a spirit boost. We decided to think spring and went to Mystic, we booked our stay at the Steamboat Inn, great choice, the staff is friendly, the Inn is clean, well maintained and the location is the best we left the car and walked every where. We also booked a package called the Oyster Delight, which consisted of oyster's, chowder and two drinks at the Oyster Club. another great choice a farm to table dining experience with excellent food.

Room Tip: the pictures on their web site are a great help.
Reviewed January 10, 2014

So many places to stay in Mystic, so many to choose from. I grew up there and then I stayed as a customer for 5 nights in the dead of winter at this place. If you can afford it, this Inn is it. You will be talking about this experience for the rest of your life. The Victoria Room has a firm enough king size bed. That is saying a lot coming from a mattress snob. We are two adults, 130 lbs., 165 lbs. each no more than 5 foot 5 inches. Even with ice on the Mystic River flowing right outside our window, there was bird life. But, no binos nor bird book are in the room so bring your own if you are into birding. I saw a Common Loon and some other duck I could not identify as I did not have the aforementioned. The fireplace was perfectly set up daily by the staff such that all I had to do was set a lit match to the paper and we had a successfully roaring fire. The wood was perfectly dry. A box of wood is conveniently located in the hall outside your room to keep your fire going for as long as you want. Since we stayed 5 nights, we experienced heavier traffic over the weekend and the staff handled it well. The bountiful continental breakfast was attended at all times by a staff person. Personal requests, however, were met with pause and one remark. Personally, good service includes the absence of a remark, in my opinion. I only wish their coffee were stronger, more robust. Othewise, 4.5 stars!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Jeanne P
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We recently stayed at the Steamboat Inn for a weekend getaway in Mystic. We've gone to Mystic many times, but it was our first time staying at the Steamboat Inn. We stayed in the Summer Girl room, which had a wonderful view of the water. The room was very clean and comfortable. The fireplace was all set up for us, so all that was needed was a match. Extra wood is located in a box in the hallway. A breakfast buffet was served in a common room and was also very good. It was a very romantic getaway, and I would not hesitate on returning to the Steamboat Inn.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fellowtraveler_9
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We love this place and we try and stay here every year for our anniversary. We always stay in the same room as it has a nice view, fireplace and jacuzzi. Highly recommended for couples looking to take a break and have a nice romantic weekend :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple