“Perfect little getaway!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Steamboat Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mystic
Steamboat Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Mystic B&B and Inns
New York
“Perfect little getaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

stayed at the Steamboat Inn for two nights over the Xmas holidays and it was absolutely perfect. beautiful little place on the river with 12 rooms, each different from the other. the morning breakfast is fresh and delicious, the evening sherry and fresh baked cookies every night are great! the bed is super comfortable, huge puffy comforter, soft fluffy pillows -- just a heaven to be in bed. whirlpool tub in the room is a lovely touch and very romantic.
we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: pick one with a water view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ckovalyuk
Kate R, General Manager at Steamboat Inn, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for your review! It is always great to hear feedback from our guests. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future! Happy New Year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Clifton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed at the steamboat inn for my wife's birthday and it was very beautiful and charming. The inn was conveniently located and such a great room. Mystic is a cute town with nice shops and such. The service at the steamboat was very good. Very nice lady who took the time to speak to us. Don't worry about the barge outside, steamboat gets two thumbs up!!!!

• Stayed November 2012
Higuey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

This was our second trip to the Steamboat Inn and when I walked in I immediately wondered why it took us so long to get back. This place is truly wonderful. Our first time we stayed in room #1 and this time we were in room #5. All of the rooms each have their own character and charm. It is hard to pick one. I definitely prefer their common room for breakfast above other B&B's where you have to wait for someone to serve you. Here you can help yourself to breads, muffins, cakes, fruit, scrambled or hard boiled eggs, bacon and sausage, cheese, yogurt, cereal, and plenty of coffee and tea. In the evening they put out fresh cookies and sherry, and the little candy bowl is always full.
The bed linens are better than I have in my own home. I am talking 1000 thread count sheets and pillows that felt like clouds.
Did I mention the real wood burning fireplace in the room? BONUS!
The location is in the heart of mystic and you can walk almost anywhere you want to go. There are plenty of specialty shops and restaurants...I can go on and on. We spent Thanksgiving here and had a traditional Thanksgiving dinner at the Capt. Daniel Packer Inn which is just a short walk up Water Street. It was the best Thanksgiving we have ever had. And before I forget, the staff at the Steamboat are second to none! We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: I really don't think there is a bad room to be had.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nvr2Far
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here two weeks after the Hurricane. The first floor was under renovation, but our room was on the second floor. It was a corner room with a working wood fireplace and a cozy sitting area. The canopy bed was very comfortable. The room was a little small but charming. From the bed the view is beautiful to see the Mystic River. But you should know that work is being done on the bridge. So you will see a large barge outside your window. But the barge seems to add a little charm to this seaport community. The Inn is within walking distance of quaint shops and restaurants. I recommend this Inn to anyone wanting to experience Mystic.

• Stayed November 2012
Orange, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed in the Kathleen Room recently and were notified that the barge would be in front of our room. As we were only staying one night - sadly - we decided to go ahead with our booking anyway. Fortunately it did not worry us at all and there was no noise. The room was one of their better ones and it was indeed very comfortable and well decorated with a lovely bathroom. I must say that the bed was the highest I have ever slept in!! We loved Mystic and the Steamboat Inn. Very friendly staff and most obliging. Parking was close to the Inn and there were some nice restaurants to chose from for dinner. We were sorry to have to move on the next day and would have liked to stay longer.

Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Steamboat Inn for a weekend getaway and had a great experience. The inn is lovely -- it sits right on the dock very close to the Mystic Bridge. You can park your car and forget about it til you leave. You can easily walk to the Seaport, shops and restaurants. We stayed in Kathleen - it was beautiful and spacious with a whirlpool, kitchenette and luxurious bed. The breakfast was very nice with many selections to choose from. The common room is a great extra, with complimentary bottled water, sodas, coffee, and cookies in the evening.

We were extremely lucky that the barge mentioned by other reviewers departed just before we arrived ahead of Hurricane Sandy, so we did not have obstructed views or noise during our stay. The staff and management had called us about a month prior to our arrival date to let us know about the barge and discuss alternate arrangements. My impression is that they are doing the best they can with a difficult situation that they have no control over.

I will definitely stay at the Steamboat Inn again in the future. It's a gem.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Kate R, General Manager at Steamboat Inn, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your review! The barge has been a challenge for Steamboat Inn and we are doing our best so we appreciate you recognizing this. Thank you for your compliments and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Sugar Land, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Inn last week. We were notified that there was a barge parked in front of the inn to do some repairs to the bridge that partially obstructed the view. When I asked if there were any discounts being given they said no that there wouldn't be any noise from the generator the days were were staying and we still had a view. I have to say it more than obstructed the view...it almost completely blocked the view. Two of the three nights we stayed there the barge generator turned on first thing in the morning and my husband couldn't sleep.

We stayed in the Kathleen room. It is a beautiful room inside and very comfortable. I would stay there again but definitely not while the barge is there.

2 Thank gabby1000
While the barge situation is out of our control, we have gone out of our way to notify all of our guests as we receive updates as to the work that is being done. I wish that you had spoken with management because we would have definitely done something to rectify this situation for you. I am sorry that you were dissatisfied and I do hope that you will consider a stay in the future.