“Good for the price!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mystic
Harbour Inne and Cottage
Ranked #7 of 12 Mystic B&B and Inns
East Haven, Connecticut
“Good for the price!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I spent two night in the cottage. It was nice for the price but could use a good cleaning and a little updating. Biggest complaint was the mildew in the shower and dirty bathroom floor. Could definitely use a little update and a new couch. I didn't sit on the couch, it looked pretty nasty. Beds aren't the best, just expect to end up in the middle ( sheets seemed to be clean). Has a lot of character! Can walk to town and still be away from the the daily craziness. Great private patio with hot tub which is pretty old but you're able to sit in it for more then 10 min. The hot tub for use of everyone was new with a ton of jets buy was really hot. Owner was hysterical!! Took a good 30 min to go over the whole visitors map. Breakfast was good. Choice of omelet, pancakes or french toast. Only ate there one day. Just aren't into the whole bread and breakfast thing and having to talk to people. Make sure to bring cash or a check they don't take CC. All and all we'll probably go back again next year. Just might bring some Lysol.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gettinaway123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We planned our (belated) 5-year anniversary weekend getaway to this cozy Inn. It was perfect. The room was comfy, cozy, and clean and Linda makes a fantastic breakfast. Everything was so relaxed. She also gave some great recommendations for dinner and things to do. Who knew there was so much to do in Mystic? They have two hot tubs and we got to soak each night we were there. Wish we had a dog as they are pet-friendly... at least we got to pet the other pups that were there. We definitely would recommend this for a getaway. If you have a boat, you can dock it here as well. Walking distance to downtown Mystic. Loved it. Thanks, Linda and Claude!

Dalia and John Lucas
Chalfont, PA

Room Tip: We stayed in the Captain's Room. The only down side to this room was that the outdoor seating ar...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Mystic in the summer can be hectic andhe busy, especially downtown. The Harbour Inne is in a quiet neighborhood, very close to the train station. It's worth taking a walk around the neighborhood as almost everywhere you go is along the coast.
That said the Inne is slightly on the rustic side...at least the room I stayed in (the only available one the last weekend in July at the last minute) was small and the bathroom was tiny.
However, Linda is delightful and the Inne is decorated in a retro New England/nautical manner
NOTE....if you stay during the week be advised...it is next door to an industrial enterprise and big, noisy trucks start going in and out early in the morning

Room Tip: ask for a bigger room or a cottage
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I found this place online and chose it because of its proximity to the train station and because I did not plan to have a car. Takes just a couple of minutes to walk from the station. I've stayed at many a bed and breakfast and this place really felt like home. The atmosphere is charming and the rooms are air conditioned, which was awesome since I arrived during a heat wave.
Linda was very friendly, giving advice on places to eat, places to see, and discounted tickets to major attractions like Mystic Seaport and the Aquarium, both of which were worth the visit, plus both places allow you to come back a second day at no extra cost.
The hot tub was a great place to relax at the end of the night under the full moon. The rooms in the main Inne were surprisingly quiet--despite being full, I didn't hear a peep from anyone and slept well every night. There is a shared kitchen/dining and living room that you feel is like your own.
The innkeepers, Claude and Linda are so friendly, and we had some fun and interesting conversations. Breakfast is your choice of french toast, pancakes or an omelette, with a wide margin of when you can eat (unlike some B & Bs where breakfast is at 8:00, period, and if you miss it, tough luck).
Through advice from Linda and Claude, I was able to see some lovely sites, biking and walking to the surrounding areas and simply having a blast. The entire visit was an adventure like in another world and time---friendliest people everywhere, from the train station/welcome center to the fabulous, not-to-be-misssed Mystic Pizza restaurant, to the independently-owned bookstore at Bank Square where I discovered the free bike program that provided me with exercise and transportation during my stay.
What a wonderful stay, relaxing time, and delightful discovery in Mystic! I will definitely want to return to in the future. Probably the very near future.

Room Tip: I had the chief engineer room where I enjoyed a whirlpool tub. Also flatscreen TV for watching a mo...
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This place is about a four minute walk from the train station and a very easy ten minutes or so from the center of town. It's right on the harbor and my wood-panelled, nautically-decorated room was clean, small, and cozy. The innkeeper, Linda, cooked a lovely breakfast served with coffee, and I enjoyed a quiet hour reading on the porch with a drink in hand. One caveat: This inn is dog-friendly, and I noticed quite a few dog hairs in the comforter. It didn't bother me much, but it might bother someone else. Quiet at night. I would definitely return.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Ive never been to mystic as an adult and my girlfriend and i thought it would be a great place to revisit for our anniversary- and we were right!!! when we arrived we were welcomed and told all about all the hot spots of mystic. our room was quaint and everything about this place felt like home. i was able to do yoga and read by the water and boats. plus its only a short walk to all the touristy places. but honestly the best part of it all was feeling welcomed In such a warm manner. As a queer couple it is hard to find places where you feel safe and welcomed, and this stay really was the perfect way to celebrate our love :)

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Joiekris
Montclair, New Jersey
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was travelling solo to the Mystic Blues Festival and found this little gem of an Inn on the Mystic River. Linda is such a hard working and gracious host, and her dad Claude is one of the loveliest people I have ever met. I felt like I was staying with my family because they made me feel very warm and fuzzy. The rooms were clean and cozy, the hot tub was refreshing and the barbecue grill came in handy. Linda gets up rather early to prepare a nice breakfast for the guests! I did not have a car, because I came via Amtrak (Inn is two blocks away), which was fine because everything was within walking distance. But, if you need a lift somewhere, Linda or Claude will oblige. I highly recommend the Harbour Inn and Cottage to anyone travelling to Mystic!