“More like staying with family”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mystic
Harbour Inne and Cottage
Ranked #7 of 12 Mystic B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Over the past weekend, my husband and I spent two nights at the Harbour Inne and Cottage in Mystic, Ct, and we had a great time.

The price is right for what you get, no frills and about a 3 minute walk from the Mystic Train station. Great location since we traveled by Amtrak and you don’t need a car as downtown Mystic is a short walking distance away. Another great surprise was that the Inne is dog friendly (not sure about other animals). As a dog owner myself (my two dachshunds didn’t go with us on this trip), it was great to meet Remi (short hair German Shepherd) and Grace O’Malley (schnauzer poodle mix). I am sorry to say I didn’t get a chance to meet Powder, the resident dog, a white bull dog. We stayed in the Master room, it was clean and comfortable. I actually felt very safe there and that the other guests respected your privacy; at times I didn’t even lock my door. I can’t say that about many other places/areas we stayed before.

Claude (Owner) and Linda (daughter and Inne keeper) are honest, hard working and down-to-earth people. It felt more like staying with family than a hotel. Better though, it wasn’t my actual family. LOL

Linda serves more than a continental breakfast as she makes a killer homemade omelet and serves good coffee that is endless. After an extreme stormy Friday night, it was wonderful to sit outside on Saturday in their gazebo to enjoy the warm temperature and watch the sunset. I enjoyed my wholesome conversation about politics and life in general with owner Claude – all while enjoying an adult beverage of course.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Harbour Inne and Cottage

Reviewed May 5, 2013

When my boyfriend and I decided to take a trip away from Manhattan, we had an idea of what we wanted. A nice quite getaway. We found the Harbour Inne Cottage by google search and they allowed dogs.

Upon check in,we immediately liked the old cottage feel that you get when you walk in through the door. Our room was tiny(hey we are use to it since we live in the city) yet was clean and had a nice flat-screen TV with cable and wireless access. The property had a hot tub outside the cottage with a water front view of Mystic River. Inside the cottage was a common area with fireplace and kitchen.Every morning Linda makes breakfast, pretty awesome pancakes. Claude the innkeeper is friendly and witty.

My boyfriend, dog and I stayed for 2 nights in May. This was perfect for what we wanted. We traveled to the nearby wineries and breweries. A weekend away from NYC. We would come back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Melissa1103
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. Claude and Linda made us feel so welcome. We stayed in the cottage and loved it. The cottage was spacious and romantic. I really like the fireplace in the bedroom.

Claude lets us know all the fun places to eat and see. Linda cooked us a wonderful breakfast.

The inn is close to everything. It is walking distance to downtown Mystic.

We had a great stay and really forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We made reservations 2 months prior, spoke to a gentleman, for weekend of feb 16-18. took our name. gave us a price. kept us on phone for 45 min raving about place, then said we were all set, didnt take a credit card. 2 days prior called again spoke to same gentleman said our reservations were still good. We traveled 3 and 1/2 hours from long island, with our 120 lb rotty, cause its pet friendly!! When we arrived they told us they didnt have a reservation for us!!! The lady's excuse was " my dad is old" and the cottage was already filled with another couple, and turned her back on us. i was furious. Found another place a block away!! Much much cleaner not as trashy... and much cheaper!! People were so much more friendlier. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! Tons of places in mystic

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank fivedawg
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed two nights during the last week of September 2012. Two couples booked two rooms. Very nice place run by a father & daughter. Bedroom & bathroom small but sufficient. All bedrooms surround a common sitting room with fireplace. Claude or Linda fix breakfast every morning and have a lot of interesting facts and information. The parking lot is right on the Mystic
Harbour. Close to downtown. Hot tub is great. Very quaint & friendly. Met people from all over.

Room Tip: All rooms have standard double beds except one queen room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

My Wife ,Daughter and I took my wife's Grandparents to the Harbour inne. We had an amazing time. The bed was comfortable the bathrooms were clean and the breakfast was amazing the best omelette I ever had. They gave us full access to the kitchen and fridge so we could prepare the food we brought for our daughter who has a severe milk allergy. The inne was very accommodating to our need. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 5, 2012

When my husband and I decided to get away, we had an idea of what we wanted. A nice quite getaway that was warm and friendly. We like B&B's because they provide a quaint ambiance. We stumbled upon Harbour inne cottage by sheer luck. The description was exactly what we were looking for.

When we got there, we were not disappointed. We immediately liked the old cottage feel that you get when you walk in through the door. Our room though small was clean and we had an electric fireplace. The common room has a wooden fireplace that we used almost every night since it was cold. Right outside the cottage, there is a jacuzzi that is big enough to fit about five. It's out in the open so you can watch the stars at night while sitting in the jacuzzi. Harbour inne cottage is right on the mystic river and has breathe taking views of the harbour.

In the morning, Linda makes the most delicious French toast and omeletes. There is always fresh coffee in the morning and the kitchen is open for use during the day. Claude the innkeeper is wonderful and friendly. Both him and Linda make you feel right at home.

We stayed here for a week and loved every minute of it! It's a place that we would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: October 2012