“Nice Happy Hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ancient Mariner

Ancient Mariner
Ranked #31 of 99 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Bar, Soups, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vernon, New Jersey, United States
“Nice Happy Hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stopped in here for a quick bite during happy hour. Sat at the bar and had an enjoyable experience. Half price drinks and half priced appys. Try the mussels, they are great!

• Visited March 2014

Connecticut
“Great seafood restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

After doing some hiking around mystic, I was craving for seafood. We ended up here and the experience was great. The staff was friendly, the food was served fast and the atmosphere of the place was nice. They have a great bar and a big selection of drinks. BTW: love the tuna sampler!

Norwich, Connecticut
“Lunch the worst!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Made a reservation for 8 so they could be prepared. Service was terrible. Waitress didn't come by table til all 8 of us were there and then it took 20 minutes to get our drinks and her to come back and take our orders. Place was virtually empty - 2 other tables and 2 people at bar. I ordered the swordfish special which they used frozen fish, not fresh and the vegetable mix looked and tasted a week old. The meal was disgusting! We were going to go there weekly but we will never return!!!!!!

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Patricia L
Montauk, New York
“Stumbled into the Mariner ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

to use the bathroom. It was midafternoon and the place was empty. I ended up sitting at the bar and had a drink with a clam chowder. The clam chowder was the absolute best I've ever had. It had a wonderful mild sweet taste with plenty of claims. I can't comment on the rest of the food but I will go back when I am in the area.

• Visited February 2014
“Delicious ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

A quiet Wednesday evening, I was welcomed immediately by friendly staff, courteous and attentive. I ordered the Lobster Roll. It came quickly, and I devoured it quickly - absolutely delicious!
Also, I'm not a fries kinda person, but this dish came with the best home cooked fries I've ever tried. Ever.

When I'm next in Mystic, I am most definitely returning to the Ancient Mariner!

Been to Ancient Mariner? Share your experiences!