“Great seafood restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ancient Mariner

Ancient Mariner
Ranked #31 of 99 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Bar, Soups, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Connecticut
“Great seafood restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

After doing some hiking around mystic, I was craving for seafood. We ended up here and the experience was great. The staff was friendly, the food was served fast and the atmosphere of the place was nice. They have a great bar and a big selection of drinks. BTW: love the tuna sampler!

Norwich, Connecticut
“Lunch the worst!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Made a reservation for 8 so they could be prepared. Service was terrible. Waitress didn't come by table til all 8 of us were there and then it took 20 minutes to get our drinks and her to come back and take our orders. Place was virtually empty - 2 other tables and 2 people at bar. I ordered the swordfish special which they used frozen fish, not fresh and the vegetable mix looked and tasted a week old. The meal was disgusting! We were going to go there weekly but we will never return!!!!!!

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Patricia L
Montauk, New York
“Stumbled into the Mariner ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

to use the bathroom. It was midafternoon and the place was empty. I ended up sitting at the bar and had a drink with a clam chowder. The clam chowder was the absolute best I've ever had. It had a wonderful mild sweet taste with plenty of claims. I can't comment on the rest of the food but I will go back when I am in the area.

• Visited February 2014
“Delicious ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

A quiet Wednesday evening, I was welcomed immediately by friendly staff, courteous and attentive. I ordered the Lobster Roll. It came quickly, and I devoured it quickly - absolutely delicious!
Also, I'm not a fries kinda person, but this dish came with the best home cooked fries I've ever tried. Ever.

When I'm next in Mystic, I am most definitely returning to the Ancient Mariner!

Bridgeport, CT
“Put this one on your dining list!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

On a cold day in January, a good meal always takes the chill off and here at the Ancient Mariner, the meal did just that! Sitting by the window, watching people walk by made for a pleasant afternoon while waiting for our meal. The food was hot, seasoned well and the presentation was appealing. I ordered one of my favorites which was fish & chips and this choice was a good one. My friend ordered their chicke pot pie and it was enough bor both of us! The coleslaw was also very, very tasty! Yep! I'd go back!

• Visited January 2014