“Nice find for us!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We really enjoyed our meal here on a recent rainy/cool Sunday early evening. First, it was great to be seated by the roaring gas fire. Service was good and attentive. Restaurant was almost empty, but bar was full... there was a musician performing that evening, and he was really good. We had one of the appetizer specials as our meal, the Treasure Chest, and it was more than enough food for 2 people.... we wanted to try a number of their appetizers and this was perfect. Seemed to have a good beer and wine list... and offered beer by the half yard... a couple near us were sharing one and it looked like fun. The food was very tasty, especially the stuffed oysters... almost too rich, if that is possible. Staff were attentive and friendly. This is now one of our favorite places to go on future trips... and it looks like the locals like it too, based on the bar crowd. I think the singer had a following, and he was fun to listen to. We did check out food that others were getting, and it looked like portions were more than sufficient.

1  Thank baglab1
There are newer reviews for Ancient Mariner

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Sat at the bar after watching a great sunset and the food was out of this world. Pricing was very reasonable and the service was good. Turnaround time on the orders was spot on, will certainly return.

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had lunch here. Service was good, did not feel rushed.
Food was good, cooked to order and timely.
Would come back.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We ate here on a Friday night. The location is on Main St and they have a restaurant and bar. I had the walnut salmon special - fantastic! I really enjoyed the dish! David enjoyed his Filet Mignon. The prices were good as well, especially the wine list pricing. The price for the food was between two and three dollar signs. The Filet was around $30 and the salmon was around $22. There were plenty of options between $14-24.

What added to the evening was the singer at the bar. She had a wonderful voice and was responsive to the people sitting in the bar. A few were 'happy' and sang along with her and had a few requests. We stayed a bit longer than we normally would have just to listen to the singer.

1  Thank drsped
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I know this is the off season, but lunchtime is still lunchtime. My wife and I stopped for lunch at this quaint, marine decorated restaurant.
I had one of the best chowders I have ever had and my wife had the French Onion. We shared fish and chips.
The food was outstanding but our waitress was also the bartender, greeter and perhaps washed the windows. We saw no one else there to help her.
She did her job well, but was so busy, she could not really make us feel welcomed and relaxed. It was not her fault, just the circumstances. I would try the place again because the food was so good.

2  Thank ROC5535