“Your basic hampton”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Fontana, Wisconsin
“Your basic hampton”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed here to visit nearby Connecticut college. It was a bit further away than I thought. The hotel is next to a trailer park which seems weird but it turns out to b fine. Staff is nice. Bfast is good. Checked out mystic pizza. Just okay but the town is cute!
Room interior was very new, new bathroom. Sheets clean. Furniture and upholstery nearly new. Shower pressure not great. Free Internet! Ice down the hall. No hot tub but pool looked clean

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Polish first
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My wife and I toured New England for the two weeks September 23rd to 7th October 2013 to view the fall foliage. We travelled from Boston up to Bar Harbor, across to the White Mountains, down through Vermont, the Adirondacks and onto the Berkshire Hills. We selected our accommodation and eating places from Trip Adviser Reviews. We have reviewed each of the hotels, motels and bed and breakfast places that we stayed in and also many of the places we ate and drank in along the way. If you would like to view our reviews for the rest of the places on this trip click on my screen name on the left.
We stayed at The Hampton Inn and Suites in Mystic for our last night before flying back to the UK. We had a standard room with two queen beds. The room was large and the beds were excellent. The overnight rate included a hot breakfast with cereals, toast and coffee and tea. I booked the Hampton Inn and Suites specifically because I needed to print our boarding passes on line and print them out. In April before I booked the hotel room I8 rang up and asked whether the hotel had a computer and printer for guests use. I was told that they did and it was free to use. When we got back from our evening meal at about 9pm I tried to use the computer but it was so slow that it kept “timing out” and I was unable to print out the boarding passes. Thinking that it might be that there was a lot of internet traffic slowing the computers down, I got up at 6am the next morning and tried again, but they were still very slow and kept “timing out”. I spoke to the Customer Service Manager and she informed me that the computers were quite a few years old and were very slow. She allowed me to use the front desk computer, which was a lot faster and I was able to finally print out the boarding cards. When we went to check out the Customer Services Manager informed me that it is Hampton Inns policy that if a customer is not totally satisfied they will not charge for the nights stay. She then reduced our bill to 0 as compensation for the hassle that I had had.
Good Points: Excellent helpful service, nice room, good beds and pillows, hot breakfast included in the room rate. Convenient location for walking into Mystic Seaport, approximately a 40 minute walk, Hampton Inns Policy of not charging if not completely satisfied.
Negative Points. Very slow computers.
Despite the problems that I had with the computers the reduction in the bill more than compensated for the problems and we would stay in a Hampton Inns and Suites again.

Room Tip: The WIFI works fine, so take your own computer or tablet with you.
East Northport, New York
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Located right off 95 and steps from olde mystic village and 2 miles from downtown. The largest room I ever had in a hampton Inn. I got one with 2 queen beds. It had a fridge and microwave. Typical Hampton Inn breakfast. I'm not sure why they had so few tables in the breakfast room and a really large very high bar with chairs that my husband was unable to negotiate. But someone offered us their table so it all worked out. Water pressure in shower a little meager and water spigot was pulling out from wall. But that was the only maintenance issue we encountered. All in all a great stay.

Bristol, Connecticut
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was a quick weekend getaway for my husband and I. This was our first stay at this hotel, and we were pleasantly surprised. Our third floor King Suite was well equipped with a sink, microwave, and refrigerator, and coffee maker. Around the corner was the bed and bath. Shower head nice and high, good pressure. A nice large TV swivels to serve the couch and bed. There is no DVD player. the room was clean and enjoyable, The bed was not the plush type you would get at a Marriott but it was adequate. Breakfast had a wide array odf selections, and was among the best "free" breakfasts we have experienced. Hot coffee and Tea are available in the lobby all day, and hot chocolate chip cookies around 6PM shouldn't be missed. We did not use the pool, it was overrun with children. Convenient to Old Mystic Village, Seaport, downtown. Good burger place right in front. We discovered a very historic cemetery tucked away behind the hardware store.

Room Tip: Request a quiet location in rear of building if you are a light sleeper. Third floor worked out wel...
Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This hotel offers an extremely clean and pet friendly environment. The grounds were clean and there was no tell tale evidence it was pet friendly. They keep all the pets on the first floor. The free breakfast is better than most. Room was equipped with a refrigerator and microwave. It has an indoor pool and fitness room. You cannot beat the value of this hotel in the area.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is right off I-95 so it is easy to get around Mystic and surrounding areas. Free breakfast is a plus. The only issue I had, and this is not specific to this hotel, was that only one floor is available for non-pet people. I have allergies to many types of animals. I don't think about this when requesting a hotel room. I think hotels should make a check box for animal allergies if they are a pet friendly hotel. I just happened to see a dog walking down the hall during check-in and asked about pet policies. They were able to get us a room on the 3rd floor that does not allow pets. So the staff were accommodating.

Room Tip: Ask for a pet free room if you have allergies. There are no great views as this is off the Interstat...
chicago, United States
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The facility is good, but not new. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. To their credit, when we pointed out a problem, it was answered immediately. For a Hampton Inn, it was slightly above average. Certainly no Ritz Carlton.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton