“Overnight at the Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites Mystic
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Whitman, Massachusetts
“Overnight at the Hampton Inn”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn because of the free continental breakfast, AARP rate/late check out time and the location which was about 12 miles from Foxwoods and just off Route 95. Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. They even offered to put our leftovers from dinner in their refridgerator. Breakfast is open until 10 a.m. and was very good. There were plenty of towels, pillows and coffee cups in our room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Polish first
Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This was a great hotel expereince! The rooms were clean. The beds were very comfortable. My 3 kids loved the pool. Free breakfast in the morning, which is good. Convenient location. I would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
North Branford, CT
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at the Mystic Hampton January 19 2013. The hotel is without question the cleanest property we've ever seen. The bathroom actually sparkled!! It's obvious that the staff like their jobs - we were greeted with a smile and offer of help by everyone we encountered. The Lobby is beautiful and the free breakfast is really substantial - everything from fresh waffles to eggs, bacon, cereal and pastries and beverages.

Mystic is our favorite get away destination, and the Mystic Hampton is definitely our favorite hotel. We can't wait to go back!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 1 night with my kids, best friend, and her kids. The hotel accommodated our last minute request for adjoining rooms. It is in a great location, close to all of the local attractions. It was very clean, and the rooms were a good size. Breakfast was ok, there were a lot of choices. They serve cookies around 5:00 pm, and coffee, tea and hot chocolate all day. Overall an excellent value, I will definitely return!

• Stayed January 2013
Kamiah,
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The staff is the best part of staying there. Friendly, helpful, gracious and the breakfast nook is nice thing to look forward to the next morning. The rooms are Very comfortable with all the amenities you could ask for and if it is not there they will try to help satifiy whatever you need.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side in the rear the quitest
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 13, 2013

When we walked into this place it was definitely a lot nicer than I expected for the $100 deal I got on a Friday night. Very nice hotel and very spacious rooms - large bathrooms. I would not call it dirty as in I felt uncomfortable being there, but there were a few things I noticed that could have been cleaned a bit better. All in all it was well worth it for the price.

Room Tip: Kind bed room was very large
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Stony Brook, New York
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights while visiting the Mohegan Sun and mystic-area attractions. I was very pleased with this hotel! I understand that this property is 3 years old but everything felt brand new to me.

A few notes:
-We had a king-bed room and it felt a little smaller than a normal hotel room, but I think that was primarily due to the fact that they designed a very spacious and luxurious bathroom (took up some of the square footage from bedroom area). The shower was huge and the vanity was granite. Way above average for a chain hotel bathroom!
-I utilized the fitness center, which was small but very sufficient and well-kept. 3 treadmills, 1 elliptical, 1 bike, a selection of hand weights. All fitness equipment had personal TV's.
-The lobby of this hotel is gorgeous and very large.
-We experienced great service, as well. The front-desk staff were very helpful when helping me process our tax-exempt stay (due to traveling for work). Every staff member I encountered was pleasant and friendly.
-The breakfast was good...great variety. And I love that they offer complimentary coffee all day, we took advantage of that.
-This location is excellent. Less than 1 mile to Old Mystic Village and within a 10 minute drive to downtown Mystic seaport area, both of which are worth visiting! It took us about 25 minutes to get to and from the Mohegan Sun Casino, but it was a pretty easy drive on highways.

We stayed on the first floor (room 128) and it did get a bit noisy in the mornings with doors slamming and maid carts. If you want peace and quiet, perhaps request a higher floor.

I would highly recommend this hotel to others! I did some research on hotels in the area and really feel like we got an excellent value here.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor if you want quiet in the mornings.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple