“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Brooklyn, New York
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay here for two nights Memorial Day weekend and would definitely recommend this place. It’s a great location near places to eat, shop and visit.

Staff: Everyone was so friendly from the front desk staff to the breakfast staff to the maintenance guy who was keeping everything in shipshape order. Everyone had a “good morning” or “good afternoon” for you.

Facilities: I think this must be pretty new because everything looked great. My room was sparkling clean. The fitness center was nice and all the equipment was in great shape. The breakfast area was very nice and didn’t look beat up or run down at all.

Highlights: My friends 2 year old love the pool. I liked the comfy bed and pillows and I really loved how quite my room was. I slept great both nights. Sausage gravy at breakfast was awesome!

Areas for improvement: The wi-fi was spotty so a stronger signal would help. The bacon was strangely thin and brittle, almost like carmelized sugar.

Overall impression: Well maintained and well managed property. You are very close to Mystic Seaport. If you’re adventurous, you could walk there. It’s only about a mile to the museum and not even two to Main Street. I ran all the way there and back and it was under 4 miles so if you like to walk and want to avoid the hassle of parking, it’s a nice walk with sidewalks the entire way.

Nearby transportation: Well, it’s Connecticut so now a lot of public transport but it’s right off I-95. There is a burger joint and a Dunkin Donuts almost right in the parking lot. You can also easily walk to the Savin Rock restaurant, a Friendly’s or the Equinox diner.

Room Tip: I was on south side of building which was quite but north side even quiter
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

I am in charge of of the vacation and I dread picking the spots to sleep as M Is a chritic. M walked in and did the nose and sight test of the bathroom and it was A#1.. I got 5 stars you get 5 stars. Breakfast was great and if you can't find something to eat go find a 5,000 room. Pool and Hottub were wonderful on the cold and rainy night. Spent 2 wonderful days. The HOT MOIST chocolate chip cookies were a special treat. We booked 3 months in advance.

Room Tip: Book early,thrid floor, west side away from sun and south side for noise. If you can't find some...
north west england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

It’s pretty much perfect for us to spend a few days in the area. It’s in a great location, within easy walking distance of the aquarium and the shops at the Old Mistick Village. Check-in was welcoming and efficient – the staff later helping out with maps and directions. The room (a king suite) had everything we wanted – comfy firm bed, coffee maker, sofa, lots of space, iron, a proper desk top if you needed space for your laptop, free wi-fi, free coffee and cookies available in the lobby. The inclusive breakfast was also appreciated – although the scrambled eggs were amongst the vilest things it’s ever been the misfortune to put in my mouth.

1 Thank harters
Saugus, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed for an overnight trip, in April, with my 2 young children. The hotel was clean, modern, and the room was very spacious (my 6 yr old could easily do cartwheels)! While the pool is not the largest, it was clean and never too crowded. Given that the water was partially salt water, we didn't come away with an overly chlorinated smell, which we all appreciated! The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating, throughout our stay. We had an incident with the tub being slippery (did not have proper traction grips) and my daughter slipped going into the shower. The staff promptly provided us with a bath mat, that I believe they purchased at the hardware store, next door (and indicated a fix was on the horizon).
The (free!) continental breakfast was the best I've ever experienced (huge variety and very well presented)....probably better than what we could have gotten had we gone off-site and paid for breakfast! The hotel is close to everything in Mystic...including the aquarium (the reason for our trip)- including a Dunkin Donuts and burger joint, within walking distance. If ever in the area again, we will certainly stay here again....highly recommended...great value!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Valerie P
Newton, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

This hotel is not what I expected from a Hampton Inn. I stay most of the time at Hampton Inns.
This time was not enjoyable at all. They need to work on customer service. Our room was clean but very noisy because of a washer and dryer beneath us. We asked to be moved, which they did. But did not agree with the noise. The location of this hotel is overlooking a trailer park. Not very appealing. The morning we were leaving our keys stopped working at 9:00 am. So need I say more.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Northborough, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

the hampton Inn location was very close to the Mystic Aquarium and the Mystic Seaport. My kids enjoyed the pool and breakfast. Very friendly staff, very clean, rates were perfect families on a tight budget. Will stay again when visiting in the area. Right off the highway.

Room Tip: There was no refrigerator or microwave in the double queen rooms. Only in the King suites.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank seabreeze001
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

My family stayed here for one night over April vacation as a little getaway. The hotel exceeded our expectations. It was very clean, comfortable and the room was extremely quiet. The check in/out was efficient. The staff was friendly. The complimentary breakfast was adequate for what it is. The location was easy to get to and close to both the aquarium and the seaport. I would stay again without hesitation.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family