“Great Place !!!”
Review of Mystic Aquarium

Mystic Aquarium
Ranked #3 of 33 things to do in Mystic
More attraction details
Owner description: Journey into the aquatic world at this combination tourist attraction and research facility, where every underwater creature is more amazing than the last. Exhibits put you in close proximity to whales, penguins, sea lions and a 30,000-gallon tank, where exotic fish from around the world strut their stuff.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Brookfield, Connecticut, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Place !!!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My kids love this place, it was very crowded the day we went and we got there when it opened on a Wed. But still love it.

Providence, Rhode Island
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A Great Educational Family Place”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This was a great place to visit as a family during school vacation. We stayed in Mystic for two days and visited this establishment twice. There was a lot of sea creatures to see and my children came away well informed and talking about everything they had learned at the aquarium. The best thing one can do is to get a membership which practically allows you to visit this place as many times as you want throughout the year. The event that my children enjoyed the most was the 4D theater, which we had to see twice. The other very interesting show was the sea lion show but the aquarium generally has a lot of fun things to see the whole time you are there.

44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Kids still love visiting!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is are fourth visit with kids and they still love the aquarium! I'll admit it a smaller aquarium, this time with no shows we were done in 2 hours. Which worked great as we only had the morning. Call for times during holidays as they were open early this week for spring break and the web didn't mention new times. Also have the kids in short sleeve shirts for touch tanks, as thier arms get wet. My only complant is the encounters, they book up fast. I never remember to check and they tend to book out acouple of months.

Bridgewater, New Jersey
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“A fantastic family attraction!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We visited Mystic last weekend, and the aquarium was without a doubt the highlight of our trip. The beluga whales were my personal favorite - they come RIGHT up to the edge of the pool and stare into your eyes, just fascinating.
We were a party of 8 including 4 adults and 4 children (ages 11-5). They all enjoyed the day we spent here. My two kids LOVED the touch tank and were incredibly impressed to be able to pet a shark. My younger boy was fascinated by the blue lobsters. My older son loved the seals. I was thrilled to hear about how they are rehabbing a little harbor seal (currently named Pup 49 but there is a poll online to name her!) after her tail was amputated due to an infection.
It's very laid back, and nicely laid out so that it's easy to follow where the displays take you without worrying about missing anything. The staff is all very friendly and have all sorts of information to give about the animals. My favorite story, one of the sea lions refused to be released and followed the boat home several times. Finally they got him to stay out at sea only to find that he came ashore at a school and walked a half mile in a walkathon with a kindergarten group before the rehabbers came for him :) Needless to say, he's not a permanent resident.
Lots to see, lots to do, lots to learn. Highly recommend!!

Northfield, Massachusetts
“Vacation”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Loved the beluga whales and penquins. Lines were not too long for shows..staff very friendly and helpful.......