“Excellent variety”

Olde Mistick Village
Ranked #6 of 33 things to do in Mystic
More attraction details
Owner description: This recreated 18th-century New England village offers a refreshing change from shopping malls as we know them. Browse or buy in the more than 60 small shops or dine in one of this charming setting's many eateries.
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom

Lots of choice from 40 plus units with an excellent coffee shop and lots to see

Merced, California, United States
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Great place for shopping for gifts”
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Large number of interesting shops and a few restaurants. Can even drop in for a drink or two.
Most of the shop close too early though.

Old Bridge, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Interesting group of shops!”
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We've all been to a tourist attraction where there was a strip of different novelty shops. If you are like me that doesn't go in just buying a souvenir or item just for the hell of it then this is the place for you. Being selective and with the question in my mind "Can I get this anywhere else?", there are some interesting and "unique," things worth buying that you can't or just hard to find online or anywhere else. I loved the fact that they had a variety of shops that weren't just sweets. Check out the 60s shop. It's really nice. I get very disappointed when they have these types of villages with nothing but sweets and t-shirts. They do have those items but they also have a larger variety of things to buy. BEFORE you go in the village, go to the TOURIST CENTER on the otherside of the parking lot. They have maps that easily show you where to go to narrow down your interests. There is a nice older lady there too that will tell you everything and then some of what is in the area BEYOND the village. They also have a beautiful landscape in the center of the village and around the area. The duck pond was just too cute for words and a nice added touch. Are most of the stuff more in money than you get in stores? Yeah they are but that is with every tourist village you go to. However some of the items were not beyond overpriced that make you think my God how expensive. They do have a coffee shop we B-Lined to which was nice. In the end, and some discipline because I could have shopped forever, we got a few nice items. So if you don't want to be bothered spending $ 24 an adult at the museum or an aquarium this would be nice. It's ideal for everyone but best appreciated by adults 30 and over. I know we loved it and I am sure you will too. It's also great as it gets cooler after dinner. I think you will really like it.

Waterford, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Loved It”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We really enjoyed walking around Olde Mistick Village and visiting all of the different shops. A little bit of something for everyone.

Visited September 2011
Brooklyn, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun Time”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I love visiting Mistick Village. They have many quaint shops to browse. During this trip, they had a "Garlic Festival". Now, being city people, my boyfriend and I had no clue as to what this was all about. Local farmers and bakeries set up tables with free tastings (which of course included garlic). Even the "Pampered Chef" had a table set up with some of their products. They even had live music in several sections of the village. Also, had demonstrations on how to grow garlic and cooking with garlic (unfortunately, I'm not very domesticated so I didn't attend!) Love the Mystical Elements and Sofia's Mystical Christmas shops! Great time!

Visited September 2011