“Not that expensive but worth every dollar”

The Restaurant at Winvian
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at Winvian is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Morris
Dining options: Reservations
Description: AAA 5-Diamond rate restaurant, Relais & Chateaux memberSeasonal, organic and sustainable garden grown directly on our grounds produces the freshest local ingredients for Executive Chef Chris Eddy's culinary masterpieces. Experience Chef's "seed to table" menus and explore his epicurean delights.
Shelton, Connecticut
“Not that expensive but worth every dollar”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Last Satuday I enjoyed an amazing lunch at Winvian Restaurant and found that a meal there in a beautiful setting doens't cost more than at far lesser places. The Chef added two tasting treats which made a three course event even more special. In fact, the tasting items were mini courses all by themselves.

They had a group in the area where they typically serve lunch and I enjoyed my meal in one of the rooms usually reserved for dinner. It was elegant and I felt that my personal staff were serving me in my country estate.

Even if you don't have the opportunity to stay in one of their cottages, their lunch is a fine dining experience and well worth the drive

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank boatbuddy2007_12

Morris, Connecticut
“Good food & atmosphere, but very pricy”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Went for our anniversary; food was very good, however selection was a little bit run of the mill, not particularly innovative; service was good although I found it a little too rushed; atmosphere is lovely. Good wine list, but be prepared: it is focused on high end wines, not many at "average" prices.
EXTREMELY PRICY all around . Last time we were there was over a year ago; probably will not return for at least that long...perhaps for another special occasion, although there are other local options that might be half the price for food just as good or better. The value here for me, are the beautiful surroundings, grounds, facilities, architectural details, elegance.

1 Thank RMH1960
New York City
“Deserves its 5 Diamonds”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

This place is spectacular, in every way imaginable. Food was some of the most delicious I've ever had (and I live in NYC and get to eat out a lot), service was befitting of a 5-star property, and ambiance was perfectly romantic. Menu is somewhat limited but is refreshed daily, and many of the ingredients are grown organically right on the property. Best of all, if you're staying at the Winvian resort, you never have to leave the property if you don't want to!

New York, New York, United States
“Just perfect!”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I thought I was eating a Michelin rated restaurant in NYC or Vegas.

1 Thank Joe S
Litchfield, Connecticut
“Gastronomic treat”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I took 5 quests to dinner at the Winvian restaurant including a graduate of the culinary institute of America. We were all delighted and impressed. The service was impeccable and the surroundings most charming.