“Very nice place”

Pineland Hotel and Health Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Deir El Harf
“Very nice place”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Pineland is the best hotel to spend your vacation. The rooms are lovely, cozy & clean....
The location is very nice, in a calm area, not too close to the main road !!
The food is good, good service and all the staff are welcoming !!
I love the breakfast, croissants....Home made jams and lovely olives !!

• Stayed May 2013
R B, General Manager at Pineland Hotel and Health Resort, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Ziad-Saghbini,

Thank you thank you thank you for a lovely review and even more marvelous picture of a future prince charming riding on our beautiful Leila! Leila is actually 4 years old--I purchased her when she was just 6 months old and she is our little beauty here at Pineland.

I am delighted to know that you loved our rooms and found them to be cozy and clean. Yes we are definitely not close to the main road, I believe this is what separates our location and allows us to be calm and nice area as you expressed.

About our breakfast, you and I seem to have the same taste, especially when it comes to our homemade jams and olives which are processed from our olive trees right here at Pineland. It's wonderful to know that you noticed the difference in taste--which is absolutely fresh! Our croissants are varied from chocolate, cheese, and zaatar baked fresh in our ovens for breakfast as well =)

Thank you once again for your lovely comments and may we have the pleasure of having you and your family with us again.

My Warmest Regards from all of us here at Pineland.

Ramy Ballout

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Arabic first
Beirut, Beyrouth, Lebanon
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have been to Pineland for 4 days in Spring 2013. It was one of the most amazing experience I had in my life. First of all, being in all this lovely nature gave me such positive vibes. I have many pains in my neck and back. The moment I stepped in the compound, my neck pain diminished. I felt the fresh air and scent of trees all over me. I felt so much liberated.

The welcoming was so warm and very helpful. People at the reception are so nice, sweet and explain anything you want. I chose for my stay a bedroom in the main hotel facing the mountains. As soon as I entered the room, the whole mountain full of Pine Trees was in front of me. I loved the room and I felt very comfortable. They made me also visit the caves and villas which are other options to stay in Pineland. The caves are a piece of art. They can be suitable for a couple looking for a space of love and also for families. It is far from any noise and just surrounded by nature. As for the villas, they can be a great escape for a big family with children.

Many activities are available for the residents of the hotel, caves and villas like outdoor gym, indoor gym, basket ball, tennis court, amazing playground for kids, indoor and outdoor swimming pool. In my case, I enjoyed the indoor and outdoor gym. When I used te machines in the outdoor gym, I felt one with the valley and mountain and trees. It was as if I am exercising with the nature. I would really advice it for anyone staying here.

Walking in the whole compound, make you feel you are simply in another world.

As for the food, it is very delicious and the portions are very generous. The service is great and fast.

I can say that the whole stay gave me hope, smiles, happiness, and made me feel more alive especially being so grateful for giving me the opportunity to be in Pineland.

I would advice it to all, couples, family, friends or single. The journey is simply outstanding.

Sana

Room Tip: If you are single a room facing the mountain would be great. If you are a couple, the cave would be...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
R B, General Manager at Pineland Hotel and Health Resort, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Sana C,

Thank you so much for such a beautiful and detailed review you've left us here on our TripAdvisor page! I believe you were in close contact with Jana, one of our Front Office Supervisor's who sends her absolute best to you and thanks you deeply for leaving us such a wonderful review!

Personally I am so grateful the vast amount of detail you've expressed, especially regarding our staff who do what they do from their heart--I don't like to use that terminology loosely but it is really nothing but the truth that I witness everyday--actually it's the best part of my day and motivates me personally to continue to excel at what we do here at Pineland.

I love that you loved your mountain view room. Being that we're always seeing the same views day in and day out here at Pineland, it is people like you that remind us just how beautiful of a location we are in and how important it is to preserve these vast forests for generations to come.

I am so sorry about the pain in your neck and back--I believe Jamil at our room service told me how grateful he was to have the chance to speak with you about it and how you expressed so much relief to him during your time with us. We both know that health is THE most important thing in life and I hope that the positive vibes you've gained from your time with us will continue to flourish in your life as you heal and get better. How else are we going to see you again? =)

Thank you for mentioning our vast activities, especially the outdoor gym which we call our "Nature Fitness Center" which from my understanding is the first of its kind here in Lebanon--this was brought as an idea during my life in the United States where my county wanted to tackle obesity and so they provided these machines so that citizens could more easily access exercise machines. With a small twist of nature and beautiful views I am delighted to know how much you enjoyed them during your time with us.

May you always live in good health and only the best of spirits.

Welcome to the family here at Pineland.

My Warmest Regards,

Reviewed April 29, 2013

In May 2008,my wife & me have spent our first 3 days of our honey moon at Pineland Resort; our choice at that time was only based on the fair prices of the resort & its location relatively close to our village.2 weeks later we have left to Qatar as permanent residents so far; during the last 5 years, our work & kids have dominate our time, although we have visited many hotels & resorts in Doha & Dubai, however, always there was something missed in those places... on our last short vacation in Lebanon, we decided to spend one day at Pineland where we have found the missing elements: the magic virgin nature, the lebaneses hospitality, the healthy climate and the special service ever. Our honey moon memories were there also whispering in our ears & hugging our kids... It's a real part of the heaven on earth, we found the missed relax & health that we have lost abroad... we will be there again and again upon each visit to our lovely hometown Lebanon...

• Stayed April 2013
R B, General Manager at Pineland Hotel and Health Resort, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear rawad81,

After reading your review over and over again for a total of three very meticulous times I can almost relive the experience you had here at Pineland only because I know how it is living in another country and raising a family there (I know this from personal experience). It certainly is a bitter sweet feeling, you being from a village right nearby and yet living in the Gulf with the hustle and bustle of hard work, corporate culture, and your precious children "dominating" your lives only because you want the very best for them. I'm sure it does nothing but delight you watching your children play in these beautiful mountains just as you once did as a child. One thing is for certain nowadays, and that is nothing is for certain.

While I did not have the chance to meet you during your time with us, I am ever so grateful for your words of appreciation and kindness. How wonderful it is to visit the very same place where you shared your first 3 days of your honeymoon and now to come back to it knowing that you've built such a warm and loving family--us being a part of that is priceless - truly.

Thank you for complimenting our hospitality as without our dedicated staff we would just be a location with spectacular views and yet nothing more to show for. I am so happy you found peace, relaxation and truly something special here with us.

May your journey abroad continue to provide you a route to come back home here in our beloved Lebanon.

My Warmest Regards to you and your family, from all of us here at Pineland.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have been to Pineland Hotel last summer, and ll what i can say is that it was an amazing experience and luxurious. You can definitely rejuvenate your soul and relief your stress. the staff was amazing and the welcoming was majestic.we were given a bigger room with pool view without paying any additional fee. In a word, it was a great experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
R B, General Manager at Pineland Hotel and Health Resort, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear Mo5tar,

Thank you so much for leaving us such a sublime review here on our TripAdvisor page. This is by far the first time one of our guests articulated the feelings of generosity in one of our reviews and claimed it to be our "MOTTO!" =) You certainly gave us all huge smiles and feelings of appreciation. How could we not be so grateful for a title like yours? If you only knew the positive impact it leaves on all of us...

Although I claim to have a great memory, I certainly do not remember your exact stay with us as it was last summer during all the hustle and bustle of people escaping the heat from Lebanon's big cities. I am delighted to know that your soul was rejuvenated and our environment took so much of your stress away. You'll be happy to know that our Spa will be open by the end of June this year to provide an additional added value of a "Health Resort" to all of our guests.

I'm happy to know that you found us to be amazing and luxurious--our Pool View rooms are some of my favorite rooms as they look out onto the pool and the mountains at the same time. This beautiful forest has become a haven for us as our home and for all that walk through our doors, I believe it symbolizes something special and meaningful in a unique way to all of our just as it did for you!

We wish you our very best wherever on the planet you may be and hope to have you with us again in the near future.

My Warmest Regards from all of us here at Pineland.

Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I brought a group for a seven-day retreat at Pineland. In the past I had used the venue for single day corporate events, but this was my first multiple days overnight stay. I had 35 people, our schedule changed five times a day, and no matter what we needed the staff at Pineland adapted and adjusted to meet our needs with a smile. Whether it was the house keeping bringing and extra pillow at 3am in the morning or the restaurant bumping our meal time from 8pm to 9pm with only a half hour notice, their team did everything in their power to make sure we could focus on the work we were their to do.

I work at a lot of hotels and it always the staffs job to meet your needs, at Pineland there is something special. After a day of being there you feel like the staff art part of your family and friends!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
R B, General Manager at Pineland Hotel and Health Resort, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear cblittlefield,

I know that it is you that opened up my eyes in better taking positive feedback or a simple "thank you" and so I will humbly for once accept your thank you! Yet, change may not be that instant and so I insist on also thanking you on behalf of all of us for bringing such a marvelous group to Pineland.

It goes without saying how grateful we all were in having the opportunity to have you with us.

Coming from someone like you using the word "extraordinary" to describe our staff is incredibly powerful to all of us.

Doing what we do comes mainly from the heart and the rest is this intangible push we receive from interacting with someone whose energy precedes him before walking into the door.

The invaluable and immeasurable experience that was given to all of us during your time with us will never be forgotten.

Thank you for making the trip once again to Pineland and for choosing us as your destination of choice for your corporate events.

Our Warmest Regards from all of us here at Pineland.

Riyadh
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Very nice place to spend your honey moon. Very nice nature between the best pine trees. Very clean nature and atmosphere. On april the weather is fabulous. Many activities can be done. The service is very nice. Always smiling, helpful and caring. Nice place for kids to play and enjoy. Breakfast is rich and tasty. Calm place to be far away from nosiness and people. Its a place for relaxation. My wife is not lebanese and she loved it to the maximum. Don't miss to ride the horses and to play on the ATV's. Very secure and safe with special guide.

Room Tip: try to have a room on the mountain view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Hani E
Dear Hani J,

Responding to your review is probably the best part of my day. In the history of TripAdvisor, I don't think anyone has ever posted so many photos in one single review! I'm not sure if you are a professional photographer or simply loved our home so much that you took so many outstanding pictures! Thank you truly...deeply from every single one of us here at Pineland.

I believe at least half of our staff took out one of our iPads and began flipping through your entire experience with us. That alone, speaks for itself!

I am extraordinarily grateful for commenting on what I think is a true characteristic of ours which caters to honeymooners here at Pineland. The environment of nature, scenic views, peace, great food, and loads of fun for the duration of your stay makes it all the worthwhile--having your wife from another country with the same feeling is an outstanding feat indeed. Most of our guests are Lebanese yet we all get excited when we have people from other nationalities visiting not just our resort, but our beloved country here in Lebanon. I myself am an expatriate who has made the move to Lebanon 4 years ago and so I know the feeling when you're somewhere else experiencing something completely different and then making the marvelous adventure down to the end of the valley completely secluded from all big cities.

Most importantly I want to thank you for mentioning our staff as they are our right hand here at Pineland--without them we wouldn't be who we are and it is with their smiles and great service that keeps us all motivated to do what we do.

Since you loved our horses so much, you'll be happy to know that in less than 2 months two of our horses Farah and Yasmine will be giving birth...hopefully the next time you'll with us you'll notice an even bigger family of our horses. =)

Thank you once again for your beautiful comments and thank you for taking so much time to upload the magnificent pictures!

Welcome to the family.

Warmest Regards from all of us at Pineland.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed their with my family, we booked the 3 room villa.

The place is very natural, spacious, and healthy. Lots of activities to do such as tennis, swimming pool, beach buggies, horse back riding, hiking, cycling.

Food and beverage in the hotel wasn't all that good, so we normally ate outside. There's a very good and well known pizza place (forgot it's name) just 5-10 min away from the hotel.

There're also these romantic cabins dedicated for honey mooners and the likes.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
R B, General Manager at Pineland Hotel and Health Resort, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear KhaledAyman,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review on our TripAdvisor page!

I believe I remember your family back in August as you indicated you had taken one of our 3 Bedroom Standard Villas. You'll be happy to know that in the last month we've done some renovation and refurbishing work in our Villas--these include LCD TV's and DVD players in each Villa along with hardwood floors, and even better we'll have balconies for most installed within the next two months =)

Since you were a family, I love that you chose a Villa--being altogether under one roof is lovely, especially when the whole family is on vacation!

I am delighted to know you enjoyed our activities and the mere fact that we are very natural, spacious and healthy! To be honest, I sometimes take our "clean air" for granted either when traveling or when visiting our big cities here in Lebanon...it's amazing how much it makes a difference when you get used to the pure mountain air we have here in the valley.

I am sorry you didn't find our food to be of your exact liking--normally we receive a lot of praise for our food quality and taste. Another piece of good news is that we've added a special menu in which every one of our 4 chefs has come up with at least 1 dish considered his/her "specialty." I hope you'll be able to try one of them out the next time you visit our beloved Lebanon.

As for the pizza place you visited, I completely agree it's absolutely excellent! It's called Mama Mia pizza and it's been open for the last 17 years by Lebanese Americans who used to live in Virginia. Upon moving back to the country they've opened up what I consider to be a landmark here in Mt. Lebanon. I'm so happy you liked it.

May we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back again and thank you so much for your delightful review.

My Warmest Regards from Pineland to Cairo.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Deir El Harf
Le Gray Beirut
Le Gray Beirut
#1 of 117 in Beirut
Grand Hills, a Luxury Collection Hotel & Spa

Been to Pineland Hotel and Health Resort? Share your experiences!