“Excellent resort with must-try cave rooms”

Pineland Hotel and Health Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Deir El Harf
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The caves are simply perfect. They put you in a relaxed mood with beautiful view over the mountain. They contain all what you need: parking area for each cave, Jacuzzi, microwave, fridge, cable TV, DVD player...etc.
The resort provides lots of activities: shooting, ATV, bicycle renting, horseback riding...etc. It is suitable for couples and families. The staff are friendly and the service is excellent. It is beautiful to have such resort over the mountain. Try the cave! it is a different experience.

Room Tip: The caves are very much suitable for couples who seek privacy and quietness
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
R B, General Manager at Pineland Hotel and Health Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Dear wbasiony,

After reading your review, here we are at a loss for words for such wonderful words of encouragement and beautiful pictures that captured the marvel of your stay with us.

I only met you and your wife upon checking out of Pineland and remember how you took the initiative to explore the surrounding areas and historical sites nearby (Moussa Castle)--for that I applaud you for truly making the best out of your stay here in our beloved Lebanon.

I am so happy to learn that you loved our Caves just as much as we do and appreciated the beautiful views outside along with the amenities inside of your Cave--thank you dearly for mentioning all that was inclusive which made your stay so enjoyable and memorable with us.

It goes without saying that we see hundreds of people come and go here at Pineland yet please know that we will remember you and your wife ever so well for the beautiful energy you brought with you along with the wonderful personalities we had the absolute pleasure in getting to know. Raghda, Jana, Sara, Sally, and Yasmine send their absolute best to you and your wife and wish you continued moments of joy throughout your lives.

It was an honor hosting you here at Pineland and being part of a beautiful memory to be shared for years to come.

My Warmest Regards with utmost respect from all of us here at Pineland.

Welcome to the Family!

There are newer reviews for Pineland Hotel and Health Resort

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I invited my wife for here birthday it was a wonderful surprise for here&for me,the staff was very very helpful to prepare this surprise,it was an amazing feeling when we open the CAVE door the candles&the flowers was every where,really i appreciate that.Thanks to all of you for making our stay gorgeous. SAED&REEM

Room Tip: caves are wonderful.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
R B, General Manager at Pineland Hotel and Health Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Saedhmaydan,

I want to thank you so much for your review here on TripAdvisor. How lucky we all were to be a part of the surprise birthday you made for your wife! I cannot agree more about the environment created with flowers and candles everywhere when walking into your Cave...it's absolutely wonderful to read about the "amazing" feeling you felt.

It means the world to us to learn that your expectations were exceeded.

May you and your wife live "gorgeous" years together in happiness, health, and only the best of spirits.

My Warmest Regards from all of us here at Pineland.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The location makes of Pineland a real piece of heaven. They have, by far, the most welcoming, smiling and helpful staff ever.
The cave experience is a must especially with the chimney and Jacuzzi! (Cave #301) - romantic side of the resort.
Too many activities, shooting, pool, horseback riding, even an external Gym in the middle of nature!! - Fun side, great for families and friends.

little are the negative comments but to be mentioned : they must put more signs outside the region where the resort is located, the toilets of the indoor pool smells a bit and needs some cleaning. They should also include fresh orange juice in the breakfast formula.

All in all I had one of the most wonderful experiences ever and would like to recommend Pineland to every person who needs to escape from the rush and stress of his everyday life and forget that time exists.

A real cure :)

To all who will be going soon, enjoy!

To Pineland team, thank you very much.

Regards,
Peter

• Stayed: January 2013
R B, General Manager at Pineland Hotel and Health Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear PeterYammine,

What a delight it is for us to read about your experience here at Pineland. Both Sara and Raghda send their very best to you and thank you dearly for taking the time to write such a wonderful review here on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for pointing out our Deluxe Cave numbered 301 (one of my favorites as well!) in addition to the plethora of activities we offer here at Pineland. If you love nature just as much as we do, I'm sure you appreciate how precious it is to be able to do these activities in this beautiful valley where we are located.

I honestly wish we could add more signs to the roads, but this of course is dependent on neighboring counties who only can provide us a certain number each year (which of course we pay for) in compliance with the law. If there is a specific place on the way to Pineland where you felt there could be more, please let me know and I would be glad to look into it. On the contrary I would greatly appreciate knowing where first time guests may get lost on their way to Pineland! =)

Regarding the bathroom in our indoor pool, I have personally checked up on this--I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused to your overall enjoyment of our Indoor Pool.

As for our Breakfast, you may know that we do include 100% pure orange juice (from concentrate) as part of our breakfast among other varieties in which we offer as complimentary-- yet for freshly squeezed orange juice which you refer to it is indeed charged. We intend to keep breakfast included for our guests with every reservation made. Most of our guests comment on the rich and wide variety of breakfast offered and we want to keep it this way without charging anything additional--this for us is the added value when staying at Pineland.

I can't tell you how much your words of appreciation mean to us and may we have the pleasure yet again of welcoming you to Pineland.

On behalf of all of us, Our Warmest Regards.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I invited my hunsband there for his birthday! The staff was very helpfull to prepare the surprise (thank you Raghda)!!
The location is amazing, you BREATH!
The service is very caring and friendly..
Can't wait to go back there!!

Thanks to the staff for making our stay wonderful!
Maya And Nader

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank MayaNader
R B, General Manager at Pineland Hotel and Health Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear MayaNader,

How lucky we were to celebrate your husband's birthday here at Pineland! Thank you so much for leaving us such a beautiful review on TripAdvisor. Raghda who is coincidently right next to me in the office sends her absolute best to the both of you and wishes you long years of love, health, and happiness.

Thank you for calling out our staff as very helpful in preparing the surprise, our location here in the middle of the valley, and especially for the service you received in which you described as "caring and friendly." These words of praise are the recipe for our continued commitment to creating vacation memories for years to come here at Pineland.

On behalf of all of us, our Warmest Regards.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Pineland ( My second home ) , A magical place can take your breath away.
Great staff , Friendly and warm place , Easy access to all kind of activities that you need , I really don’t find the words that can explain this place except of wow.
Pineland = Moments In Your Life That You Will Never Forget It.

1  Thank Rami_2525

Dear Rami_2525,

First and foremost thank you so much for calling us the night we won the Travelers Choice Award on TripAdvisor--Jana at the front desk who took your call was so appreciative of your kindness!

Thank you sincerely for your beautiful words of encouragement and description of your time here at Pineland. Being labeled "Heaven on Earth" is an absolute pride for us here in our beloved Lebanon. Thank you for appreciating all that we do and our team who made you feel like you are part of our family...!

It was nothing short of a pleasure having you with us and may we have the same pleasure welcoming you back in the near future here at Pineland.

My Warmest Regards,

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We travelled to Pineland resort as a family.The resort lies in the green beautiful forests of Libanon Mountain. It was a great oppurtunity to smell the fresh pure air of Libanon and enjoy the great weather of summer time in an awesome place.The resort had several activities that we enjoyed like the pool, the beach buggy riding and the mountain trail hiking.We were well hospitalized by the friendly, nice staff who helped us a lot and were very cooporative.Our villa that we stayed in was like our real home. It was clean and well furnished. We were safe and comfortable with the security.The resort lies in the middle of Libanon's many sight seeing places. We rented a car during our stay and travelled to Beirut, Harrisa, Jaeita and Zahla.We wish to go back to Pineland and we recommend it as a pivotal place to stay at when you visit Lebanon.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Waleed E
R B, General Manager at Pineland Hotel and Health Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Waleed E,

On behalf of myself and my entire staff, thank you dearly for taking the time to write us such a lovely and heartfelt review on TripAdvisor. I was told by Raghda at guest relations that you had replied directly to my e-mail which thanked all our guests for their patronage over the years. Personally, it just takes one person like you to respond to my letter with a "thank you" that makes it all the worthwhile. It makes me truly humbled and appreciative of the support and motivation you provide us with your words of encouragement. I believe that we can only grow with the continued support of people like you who can see and appreciate just what we stand for here at Pineland.

I remember your time with us quite well and I was so happy to meet you during the Summer time with your lovely family here at the resort. It is a delight to know that you felt as if you were at home as I believe the front office staff felt the very same way towards your family! It's also great to know you took advantage of our other activities which I am sure the children enjoyed even more!

Being that we are in the middle of nature I am glad you found our location to be "pivotal" when visiting all the beautiful site seeing locations across Lebanon. Know that you are welcome to come back at anytime with your wonderful family.

From Pineland to Alexandria please send our love to your family and wish them our very best.

Our Warmest Regards from all of us at Pineland.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Based on previous reviews, which at the time thought that they had to be a bit exaggerated, my wife and I decided to spend our new year's eve at Pine Land.

The hotel location is in a valley in a extremely spacious land and the hotel is surrounded with Pine trees, hence the name. The staff were very friendly and no matter where you meet them they smile and greet you. Check in process with swift and very pleasing.

Room was spacious and contained everything, mini bar has a nice diversity and prices are extremely good, note to the hotel management: do not raise the prices ;-),

Bathroom is nice but it lacks heating it would have been perfect if it had some kind of heating.

As for the activities, horse riding, ATV, tennis, etc... we did not have time to try any but we will surely comeback during summer in order to enjoy them.

2  Thank Patrick C

Dear chkaiban,

What a pleasure it was to welcome 2013 with you here at Pineland and what a delight it is to read your review here on TripAdvisor!

From the pictures you have posted (thank you dearly for that) I believe you were sitting right up top of our Banquet Hall with your loved one enjoying the festivities and gala dinner held on the Eve of 2013. Although we did not shake hands personally, I was at the door directing guests with our Restaurant Manager Khaled and Front Office Supervisor Jana (who also remembers you very well).

I am so happy to know you enjoyed your visit--it genuinely means so much to us, even more so because you appear to be well traveled based on the number of contributions you have given on TripAdvisor.

Personally, it is nothing short of beautiful symphonic orchestra playing when we have the opportunity to exceed expectations. As you know we are quite away from the big cities here in Lebanon and so we take on a big responsibility in ensuring we do our best to create vacation memories for years to come...I am honored we had the opportunity to do this with you and your wife.

Rest assured the mini bar prices are staying the same for the foreseeable future. We do not intend to raise the prices for something like this--they are the same prices you would see in our restaurant--having a different price for items in the restaurant vs. the mini bar is something I am personally against based on my own experiences while traveling.

Thank for you the comment about the bathroom heating. Actually, we just recently installed solar heated radiators in our Block A rooms--what we'll do for next time is keep your door open to get the bathroom warmer upon your arrival for your added comfort.

I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you in person the next time you are with us and to thank you for the time you have taken to write your review.

My Warmest Regards to you and Happy 2013!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Deir El Harf
Byblos Sur Mer
#1 of 14 in Byblos
InterContinental Mzaar Mountain Resort & Spa
Hilton Beirut Habtoor Grand

Been to Pineland Hotel and Health Resort? Share your experiences!