“2nd trip!”

Cuisines: African
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2014

this was my 2nd trip here OMG I LOVE IT! the food was cooked to perfection, my son had a chance to play in the playroom whilst i ate my starters, first time i tried escargot (snails) so worth the wait! everything was awesome, am def going back again.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We dine here every couple of months, and the restaurant never disappoints. The potjie is always excellent, it's always a toss-up whether we should order that or the ox tail - a tough choice.

If you go the steak route, ask for the black pepper sauce on the side - you can eat it on its own with a spoon, it's that good. Don't forget the onion rings.

The mains are so big we usually don't have space for starters, but when we indulge, we find the samoosas authentic and the garlic snails just like they served them at the Steak House in Sunny Park in the 1980s.

The Dom Pedros are always thick and delicious. You can choose whether you want it with whisky, amarula, cape velvet, etc. Yum!

And the peppermint crisp is out of this world.

The kids usually disappear into the computer room, but they always eat up their kiddie meals.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

I went to this restaurant as it came highly recommended. Unfortunately the recommending person had not visited the restaurant for a while.
To start my chair had some sticky goo dripped on it. This was reluctantly half wiped off by the staff.
The menu had a number of South African dishes which we tired. These were a disaster as they had no semblance to the African dish. In fact they had been confused as possibly Indian dishes with some having curry sauces. Not a good mix for an African dish and when you know the proper taste you can expect this will come as an unpleasant shock.
I ordered a drink well known in South Africa - Don Pedro - anyone who has had one of these knows it is whiskey and ice cream and not with milk. The chicken I ordered was not cooked. The skin had been burned though and when returned to the kitchen the chef decided it was cooked enough despite the blood in the flesh. Well that made it in edible,
As for the costs of a meal our arty of approximately 12 persons averaged above $50 per head with no drinks included - I walk out of that door feeling that I had been ripped off big time

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Dined there on a Thursday evening and our telephone booking ensured a nice window seat.

Everything was above average, except for the service which was a bit slow at times ... our plates were empty for quite a while before being removed and our request for a water refill was rather slow. The cold salad selection was also limited and the staff who keep an eye on it shouldn't wait till a bowl is completely empty before replenishing.

Overall, still a great venue and great food and will be back

2  Thank Warwick H
Reviewed March 27, 2014

this is definitely one of the best restaurants in the shore, good sized portions, lovely setting, great play room for kids and food is soooo good! the team work well together and are friendly, and even when its busy the food is out in a timely manner. I always recommend this to friends, and the boys love it on all you can eat rib thursday.