“Tasty Comfort Food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have lunch at Tavern every few weeks and also visit for drinks with friends on occasion. I have found the food to be very good - tasty tavern food that is well-prepared. I recently had the fish tacos which were delicious. Roomy bar area with a nice selection of beers.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Arrived on a busy Friday night with my boyfriend. We had read poor reviews on yelp but decided to disregard and try anyway. Although we sat quickly for a busy night, we sat with our menus for at least 20 minutes before our waitress took our order. Appetizers took about 25 minutes to come out. It seemed like they had potential to be great if they were delivered to us when they were ready. They weren't at all hot and we ordered the grilled cheese board, bread was soggy. My drink sat empty for quite some time before waitress took my glass, without even offering another. I had to call waitress over and order another drink. I ordered a salad for dinner and my boyfriend had the Dublin brisket sandwich. Both items were just okay....at this point we were more annoyed at anything at the length of time everything took. We couldn't even get a quick water delivered when we asked. Our water delivery took 20 minutes too! A gentleman who seemed like the manager popped his head in our area a few times, but more to check availability of tables rather than recognize what the state of the customers already seated was. Very frustrated to see him walk around and set a new place smiling, when certainly weren't smiling about our experience. Would not return to Tavern for date night or any night!!
Has potential but the managers clearly need to get a few things in order.

1  Thank Blackrockkate
Robert R, Owner at Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Blackrockate,
First, we want to apologize for this experience that you had. Second, we appreciate you speaking up about your concerns. It is very important to us to satisfy our guests and ensure that they have a good experience. We assure you, that normally our service is much better than what you have described. We do encourage you to give us another shot sometime in the future.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

My wife and I visited The Tavern twice last month. Food and service were excellent on both occasions. My wife had the Chicken Quesadilla and reckons it's the best she has ever had.Nice warm atmosphere, great for couples or families.
Will visit again soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I go to the Tavern almost every Fri. Or Sat. Night with my wife and kids. We all love it. They offer everything from small plates to big plates and very good apps. They are very Fairly priced and staff is also very good. Although I am bummed out about my favorite waiter Tom ,moving away and leaving , we continue to enjoy the Tavern

Robert R, Owner at Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Carl,
Thanks for the great review! We were sad to see Tom go as well. We appreciate your regular business and look forward to seeing you again, possibly this weekend! Cheers!

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Top notch food. The Tavern Burger was outstanding. I had the grilled cheese app which blew my mind. Great value. They had some of my favorite craft beer in bottles as well as some good ones I've never had on tap. They make very good use of the lines they have. Very comfortable scene with that homey, tavern atmosphere you look for in a place called "Tavern". Stellar service as well. An all around
excellent experience. I definitely recommend.

Robert R, Owner at Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear wushupork,
Thanks for the great review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed dining with us. We hope you'll stop in again soon!