“We love this place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband happened upon this place while looking for someplace to eat one night. We really liked the decor and the atmosphere of the place before we even sat down. We were seated outside, which we really liked. We had the sliders, the grilled cheese sampler, and pints of beer. We felt like we hit the lottery of date night places! Food is fantastic, huge selection of beers, wait staff was really friendly. We have been back with our kids on a few occasions and they enjoyed it too. I read the negative reviews and wonder what people are thinking! This is Monroe Connecticut. It is so nice to have a fun, cool place here!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Not the place to go for a calm, peaceful, dining experience. People had to shout to be heard. Extermely casual. Food was good but could not wait to leave.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Loud football watching/ drinking crowd in the bar area. We figured we would take a risk sitting in the dinning area which was more family oriented. They made 3 mistakes out of 4 orders! The food was delivered by someone other than our waitress. When we realized the first mistake, we tried to flag the waitress down but finally one of us got up and asked her to come over (she was in no rush). We pointed out that the shepherd pie was actually Mac/cheese and the sweet potatoe fries were actually regular fries. She did fix both mistakes. Then, we realized that the fish sandwich that was ordered was actually the salmon sandwich. When we questioned her on this she said that the kitchen often makes substitutions when they run out of the regular fish. Although, I like salmon, we were really disappointed in her overly casual explanation. Never was it explained that the substitution had taken place. What if someone was allergic to salmon? The only meal that didn't have a problem was the kids chicken tenders. Totally unprofessional and careless service. No attempt by waitress or management to show any kindness or apology for their mistakes. A drink or dessert on the house was in order. Duh, is all I can say. Will never return.

1  Thank cnpotluck
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

A bunch of us went to eat at the Tavern. Food is tasty and the menu has a nice selection. However the waitress was slow, took forever to take an order, refill our drinks etc. the place was not busy so there is no excuse.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I went to Tavern for the first time a few weeks ago. I heard it was affiliated to some well-known restaurants in the area so I was excited to check it out. The two others in my party and myself had a great time. We got BBQ wings to start and salmon entrees, the wings being some of the best I've ever had. The service was super attentive, friendly, and helpful. Overall, we loved it. My boyfriend and I couldn't wait to go back, so we did last night, and it was one of the worst dining experiences we'd ever had. Our server clearly had tables right around ours, visited them often, completely ignoring us while walking right by us over and over again. While taking our order, I asked him to leave something off of my salad because I have an intolerance... it came out with that item on it. He then never checked on us once our entrees came out. I also ordered my beloved wings, and my second one in was rare inside, we didn't even finish them. We had no water for most of the meal and couldn't get anyone's attention to serve us, then when we ordered a special drink, it didn't come with whipped cream as described (for desert). Both nights we visited Tavern were Sundays, so it can't just be the week night. I'm truly disappointed since I was so excited to go back! The fact that we only conversed with our server twice over the whole meal is unacceptable, rare food and not being diligent about a food allergy is concerning. I'm afraid the second time was too bad for there to be a third.

2  Thank JulMarie