Econo Lodge Milldale - Southington
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Residence Inn Southington(Southington)
Quality Inn(Waterbury)
View Hotel
All reviewstruck stopdunkin donutswithin walking distanceburger kingcustomer service isright next doorroom was cleanlooked cleanparking lotwi fiexercise roomsmoking roommovie theaterpetmoteltvdesk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We were recently driving through CT and stayed here for 2 nights due to the weather. The location is just awesome with the next door truck stop having great food options. The new management from last year is making every attempt possible to satisfy guests. As the name as Economy Rooms - they win customers by delvering absolute value for money with clean-clean rooms and very very friendly customer service. (Since the property is a bit old there is some minor remodelling/repair during the day but didnt bother us at all) Onsite maintenance makes sure all rooms are upto speed, they were also people during the storm with the snow and even jump start cards.

Highly recommend it for people looking a good night sleep on a budget and no frills.

Room Tip: There some coupons at the CT Welcome Center!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andy U
Reviewed February 6, 2013

my company budget is more than twice the price of this hotel, but i choose this one because of the cleanliness and excelent service....i find myself staying there 4 or 5 times a year...its right off the highway and there are plenty of stores and restaraunts around....there is plenty of parking and it is always quiet....there is a new owner who is really interested in doing a good job and he is succeeding...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gwap99
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This has been an incredible find for me. I am in the hotel business and there are certain things I look for in any hotel no matter an economy brand or a luxury brand. Friendliness of staff, cleanliness of the room and that everytthing works in the room. From the moment I called the first time I encountered friendly and knowledgable staff. The rooms are so clean and the lobby and hallways smell good.The fact that they take pets is a plus. Sid the owner is a great guy. Another is "D" who works the desk. He is so friendly and I see him helping the other staff members. I listen to staff on the phone and when a guest walks in. He is great at it.This is how customer service employers recruit... they watch someone doing it. If I had need "D" would be offered a job at my hotel. Mark was the first Guest Services Agent I encountered via the phone and he was so attentive as well. All of them acknowledge the person when they walk in. Rule of thumb is to say hello when the guest is 6 ft away. I believe they are going to be doing more with the place. I encourage all of you to stay if you have business in the greater waterbury/cheshire/southington areas. Oh an easy off the highway. A dunkin Donuts right in front of the hotel and even a restaurant next door opened 24 hours. I have stayed twice already within a week.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor which is level to the parking lot in back. It was quiet and had easy access.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ignorantpeoplesuck
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several years ago and decided to give it another try. This time was much better and hotel has really improved in all ways. I would definitely stay again and revommend to other travelers.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 3, 2013

When we look for a hotel the things we look for are cleanliness, pet friendly, hot breakfast and cost. We were very pleased with this hotel. Your basic room was small but very clean. This is huge to someone who is OCD! The lobby and breakfast areas actually smelled like cleaning solution and there was a mop & bucket ready for use in the corner! The bed was more comfy than most. Our 70 lb. yellow lab was only charged a $10 pet fee, which is really unusual, as there is usually a weight limit and/or a very high non-refundable pet cleaning fee at most hotels. The breakfast was a continental breakfast, but for the value of the room we were happy to go to the Dunkin' Donuts which is on the same property each morning for our coffee! The staff was very friendly and helpful. We live in Massachusetts and visit our family in Connecticut quite a few times a year. This is our new go to hotel from now on when we visit our family. Dave & Laurie - Cape Cod, MA

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family