“very enjoyable, exceptional and memorable experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bin 100 Restaurant

Bin 100 Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 246 Restaurants in Milford
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Mediterranean restaurant with a heavy influence of Spanish and Italian cuisine, Bin 100 provides for culturally ambient, warm, and relaxing experience. Our personal and attentive service will not disappoint and will have you feeling a sense of hospitality unique to our restaurant. Enjoy a valuable 4 course meal at an affordable price.
Milford, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“very enjoyable, exceptional and memorable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I needed a place to celebrate our anniversary and I made a reservation only a couple of weeks before the planned date without having dined here nor seen this place before. Much to our delight, Elena, the owner and her staff were very accomodating and helpful. They rearranged and decorated the place according to my specifications for the day, made the place very festive and beautiful, and the classy interior decor matched our motiff. The food was superb and delicious(compliments to the chef) served in fine china, all our family members and closest friends were pleased and raved about the food for days. The staff members were calm, pleasant and polite, some of them assumed the DJ role-thanks for playing our and your nice music as requested. Elena and her staff made our day and all of us feel very special. Thanks everyone at BIN 100.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank eya1

New Haven, Connecticut, United States
“overwhelmed kitchen = underwhelmed guests. expensive mistake.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Don't bother. This restaurant cannot handle the volume of food they are making, so are cutting corners. Literally everything we were served was pre-assembled (who knows *how* much ahead of time - hours? DAYS?) and re-heated poorly.

My fiancé and I went on a Friday night and were pleasantly surprised that only calling a couple hours ahead, we were able to get a reservation. We were hungry, and ended up showing up a half hour early, which even in the busy restaurant, the hostess was happy to accommodate us, which I appreciated.

Our waiter, Tom (?), was also very attentive and friendly; I liked the service.

We elected for the $32/4 course menu, once seeing that many of the entree offerings were on this menu, but the entree alone was a comparable price. Our waiter confirmed that most people, upon seeing this math, opt for the 4 course. Perhaps that's this restaurants downfall - their base prices are high for the area so they make it up with this popular 4 course menu that the kitchen can't handle. Why can't they just make everything a little lower and have nice-restaurant-quality food?

I got the pane cotto (baked spinach, bean, bread and cheese casserole). It was over-cooked and mushy; I'm actually not sure if they forgot to include the cubed bread or if it had just dissolved. This, just like my fiance's app and his entree - it didn't taste *bad*, per se - it just didn't taste like anything. He got either pre-frozen meatballs or otherwise tasteless ones to start. The sauce seemed fresh, which is nice, but again didn't taste like anything. He ordered the gnocchi entree, which was unfortunately in the same sauce and boring. I'm not experienced enough with gnocchi to know if they were previously frozen or just poorly done - the ones that I've had previously were delicate and filling at once, and burst in your mouth. These just...were non-offensive blobs (unless you're a gnocchi fan).

The salads were fine.

My entree was what got us really upset. I got scallops with shrimp over mashed potatoes. (May I first say that the shrimp were actually good). The scallops were in an egg batter, and by the way the coating completely separated from the scallop, whole, it made it seem as if they had been quickly seared ahead of time. This didn't help though that the scallops, while warm, still arrive raw. Not medium, just nearly-transparent raw.

This wasn't as bad as the mashed potatoes, which were really insulting. They were clearly made either several hours in advance, or more likely the day before and tasted grainy and "off" from being (again, like everything else) re-heated. (They could have actually avoided this texture/taste problem by adding a touch of milk or cream during the re-heating process).

The waiter did check on us, but after now (4) menu items that were bad, we didn't have the energy to send it back. That's our fault, and maybe if it was just a matter of heating up the scallops a bit more I would have - but I didn't want them cooked a third time, and the fact they had given us yesterday's mashed potatoes just made us give up.

The service was great, and the presentation was nice - but the food lacked any kind of finesse that would show that the cook either understood the basics of what they were doing, or that they were able to freshly prepare food at a restaurant volume.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Devorah L
Orange, Connecticut
“Pris Fixe Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

We recently tried the $32 Pris Fixe menu. The food was uniformly high quality and a great value, although too much food for me in one sitting. The service was good. The decor was too busy for my taste. We went on a Saturday night and were glad of having a reservation. The size of the crowd speaks well of the quality and value of this restaurant.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank millhann
CT
“Makes every occasion a special one!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We recently ate at Bin 100 on a Saturday evening. [my spouse, my son (home for Thanksgiving) and me] Although located in a small shopping plaza, when you walk in you are "transported from everyday to special" by the beautifully decorated interior. We were greeted warmly and confirmed our reservations. We were seated shortly after arrival. Warm, fresh bread and olive oil quickly provided by our server. She was attentive and after delivering our beverages and we had looked at the menus, she proceded to tell us of the specials. There is a regular menu and a prefixe menu. The set price for the prefixe is $32. It includes 4 courses from appetizer to dessert. There is a large selection to choose from. The specials are not included in this offering. The other menu is ala carte and tends to higher prices in total. All the food was perfectly done and well presented. The people who delivered the food to the table did have a bit of a problem (with every course) getting the right order to the right person. Other than that it was wonderful dining experience. When we first looked at the desserts, we thought that the offering was a bit limited. But when we received our desserts we were not disappointed. My son had Creme de Brule, my spouse had Tiramisu, and I had German Chocolate cake with Chocolate Ganoche frosting. We all agreed that each was the best that we had ever had. My spouse has already made plans to return and try other items off of the Pre fixe menu. Include this in where to go for a special night.

Bethany
“Prix fixe dinner at Bin 100”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is an excellent place to enjoy fine quality food. Ambience is wonderful and noise level is not a problem like other restaurants on a Saturday night. Prix fixe dinner is a terrific value and is available all the time. Staff is friendly and welcoming.

1 Thank Goforawalk