“Very Enjoyable Breakfast”

The Corner Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 248 Restaurants in Milford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ocala, Florida
“Very Enjoyable Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

We had a very nice breakfast in Milford, Ct. It was very crowded on Sunday morning, but we were luckey to be seated at one of the two tables outside. Unusual, but interesting menu choices available. We chose the usual french toast stuffed with bananas and strawberries and the pecan french toast and were not disappointed.

We never went inside so I am unable to comment on decor.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank 589Joanie48

Falmouth, Maine, USA
“A diner by any other name is still a diner.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Just had breakfast--stuffed french toast, quesadilla and home fries--26 dollars later...and not impressed. The place is obviously popular to locals and has high ratings for a breakfast joint..but for my dollar the food quality just isnt there. Bring cash...no credit cards please... the Corner... a sprig of mint and an umbrella in your smoothie is like putting lipstick on a pig. Still just an average diner.

“Mold on the walls!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

I went with my family because of the good reviews and I was very disappointed. Very small place, average food, nothing special. My wife looked at the wall and realized they had mold. Who wants to bring the loves ones to eat ina place with mold?

• Visited February 2014
On the road again
“Great Breakfast Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

Delicious breakfast place and be prepared to wait in line on a Sunday. Eggs Benedict was excellent and the place was indeed alive with merriment during the holiday season.

You will not be disappointed, give it a try.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank DoctorVonCueBall
Weehawken, New Jersey
“Amazing brunch spot in a quaint town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Not the fastest nor most attentive service (our waitress was nice just not overly attentive) and the atmosphere definitely felt like a step back in time, but the food overshadowed any negatives. We went to The Corner after selecting CT for a girl's weekend and staying at the Hyatt in Milford. The town of Milford is much quainter than the off-the-highway location of the Hyatt and it made the trip to this restaurant seem even more worthwhile. The Corner is known for their French toast, which my girlfriends ate and enjoyed, but they also have really creative brunch options like duck burritos and African hash. One of my friends ordered the goat cheese medallions and my other friend and I had the African spicy beef hash. All were delicious! I normally don't like the texture of hash but this dish was really tasty. They have a fun and eclectic tea selection and fresh squeezed OJ and grapefruit juice. We're still not sure if everyone has to seat themselves (or if it was just us) and it's good to know they only take cash or check (yes, check!). If you're in Milford I'd definitely recommend checking out The Corner for brunch (be prepared for at least a ten minute wait though).

2 Thank abby5075