“Quaint Colonial eatery”

Ranked #31 of 254 Restaurants in Milford
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Great restaurant and bar in old Milford. Plenty of parking in back and nearby. Call ahead for reservation. I had the "Heaven and Earth" which is a grilled chicken and angel hair pasta with a stroganoff sauce. Make sure you order a " dark and stormy" at the bar.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Had dinner there for the first time tonight. My girlfriend and I were very disappointed. I ordered a New York strip steak and French Onion soup for an appetizer. The steak was tasteless and the French Onion soup tasted like someone poured some beef bouillon over some bread and onions. Sprinkle some cheese on top and pass it off as French Onion soup, it was terrible and not hot.
My girlfriend ordered their Venetian Jewel, an eggplant dinner with ricotta, and spinach. Big question here is "where was the eggplant". It look and tasted like mush. We received no water with our meals and I wasn't served any bread with my steak.
We heard a lot of good things about this place, but I have no idea why the raves. We will not go there again, over priced for below average food.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

My mother and I had a very enjoyable dinner at Rainbow Gardens two weeks ago for the first time. The restaurant has a front room (with a bar) and a back room. Tables are spaced nicely apart, and the noise level was quite manageable. Dress is somewhat casual. The menu featured a number of very interesting cocktails that were also reasonably priced (approx. $8) and mixed quite well. Dinner selections ranged from the great steak I ordered (worth the price) to the vegetarian option my mother had (also quite good). Judging by the filled tables, I would say that reservations are a must. I will absolutely be back, and next time we will bring our husbands!

1  Thank marvi62
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Visited this restaurant a few times, never had a bad meal. There is an abundant size bar for diners as well as just stop in for a drink. Very nice menu selection. My last visit tried their sandwich menu, BBQ meatloaf sandwich excellent. Also tried a soup chicken jambalaya fantastic and only $3.95 for a more than average bowl size. Was very impressed.Will return again.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Every year I take my family to the Rainbow Gardens for New Years dinner. The food is always great and so is the service.