Howard Johnson Hotel - Milford/New Haven
Hilton Garden Inn Milford(Milford)(Great Value!)
$99
$87
Hampton.com
$97
$113
Hyatt.com
Red Roof Inn Milford - New Haven(Milford)(Great Value!)
$67
$74
$63
$85
$52
Residence Inn Milford(Milford)
$107
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 10, 2010

I go to HoJo's alot. I love going with the kids on the weekend just to use the pool. I bring the kids and they love it! Rooms are always clean, staff is friendly, grounds are clean, too. The manager is quick to solve any problems, always running around helping out. My stay has always been nice and trouble free. For the price you can't beat it. Way cheaper than other area motels/hotels. I would recommend to travelers and families with children. Also, the kids love that Friendly's is right downstairs and mini golf in the same lot. The internet has a great connection for the kids and their YouTube...

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2010

I arrived in the Howard Johnson hotel at around 9pm to check in. The 1st room i was given was on the ground floor. I opened the door to my room to find it full with another guests belongings - they had given me the keys to somebody elses occupied room! Lucky for me there was nobody present in the room at time...saved me from an embarrassing situation!
The next room i was taken to was at least vacant, but the room was awful! The telephone didnt work, the tv remote didnt work and the bathroom sink was blocked. There were bugs all over the room (centipede type bugs) and the bed springs were broken. Lucky i only stayed for 1 night. Not Recommeded

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Tic79
Reviewed March 13, 2010

I usually stay with family when I come to CT because to be honest, i hate hotels, but with a new baby (now a family of five) we decided we could no longer put the burden on our loved ones. Reserved our room at HoJo online and arrived the next day. Was our reservation "lost" in the computer? No. Did we have to wait a million years in the lobby while the uneducated and inexperienced clerk clicked away trying to figure out what the heck was going on? NO! We were checked in within three minutes. Our room was clean and stocked. The indoor pool and hot tub were clean and well maintained, towels warm and ready. The staff was unbelievably nice, helpful and professional (except one guy with a laundry cart who I thought was a jerk, but maybe I was just grumpy). To sum it up... Is it a good price? Yes! It was only few dollar more expensive than one of those crappier motels. Is it family friendly? Yes (you can walk to Friendly's without even leaving the building, AND there is a small mini-golf course). Is it good for a business trip? Yes! (Free wifi!) Is the location good? YES! Will I come here again? In a heartbeat! Oh and one more thing... anyone who has kids knows how hard it is to get them organized and moving in the morning.. (and even some of us adults aren't exactly "early birds" either).. Check out time is a whole hour later than the average hotel. We didn't have to leave till NOON!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2010

What a letdown, compared to other Hojo's I've stayed at. Half of the lightbulbs in the room were inoperative. There were dried beverage stains on the night table. The complimentary writing pad also had dried stains. The hair dryer didn't work. There was no clock/radio, as is common at other chains. There were numerous body hairs throughout the bathtub. On the good side: the bed was very comfortable and clean, as was the room in general. The complimentary breakfast was skimpy and unimaginative. The best part (which may explain the lack of attention to detail) was the cheap overnight cost.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank ghostguy
Reviewed December 26, 2009

The room itself was ok, and the price was great, but there reservation promised a microwave oven, and there wasn't one. My main problem is that the family in the room next door are still making noise at 1:30 am. It's not easy to complain, either -- when one dials the front desk, it seems routinely to take several minutes to get through, even at this late hour.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo