“Great family hotel!”

Hampton Inn Milford
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Milford
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 4, 2007

Most of the people at the hotel were families with children or business people.

I've stayed at a Hampton before, but they've upgraded since then. The beds/bedding was very nice and soft. The quality was very high and much more than I expected. Everything was clean and there were many towels and supplies in our room. You can even go to the front desk to get something you forgot (for example my husband forgot a razor and they gave him one for free at the front desk).

It was quiet - not a peep from another room. They either know how to space people out appropriately or the walls are solid. You will hear traffic noise on one side of the hotel, but that doesn't bother me at all. I just don' t want to hear noise from other rooms. If it does, just ask for a room on the other side that doesn't face the highway.

The breakfast was GREAT. There is everything you can think of and it made it perfect for a family with a young child. Cold and hot choices and even "to go" bags - which I've never seen before - they are packed and ready to grab and go. The only thing I would suggest is apple juice as a choice since it's such a staple for young kids.

The service and friendliness was better than the Hilton I stayed at a month earlier. The manager greeted everyone at breakfast and even helped me clean up a juice spill. This said a lot that he didn't just grab a maid to do it, but he did it himself. Everyone smiled and said hi and held elevators etc...I was impressed. The manager keeps a presence and it shows.

We would definately choose this hotel again.

Stayed: December 2006
1  Thank LATO29

Reviewed June 4, 2006

We stayed at the Hamptons Inn in Milford over Memorial Day weekend since we wanted to go biking in Connecticut. The location is wonderful, right off the I-95. We spotted the sign far away before the exit so it was easy to find. The staff was courteous and friendly, quickly responded to our needs. There was complimentary wireless internet for those who bring their laptops but also one computer down at the lobby for guest use. They served a free continental breakfast every morning and coffee and tea was available throughout the night. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank Nature8irl
New York, NY
Reviewed May 27, 2006

I have found the staff at the Hampton Inns to be consistently top notch, rivaling that of the best 5-star hotels in which I have stayed. The facility is utilitarian. The rooms are pleasant. If you are expecting the Waldorf Astoria, you will be disappointed.

I stayed at this hotel on a recent business trip. I wasn't familiar with the area but I was familiar with the Hampton Inn chain. I found the staff to be helpful; the room to be clean and comfortable; great free high speed internet access. They are generous with towels.

Breakfast was fine and again the staff at breakfast kept the area clean and well stocked. I have stayed at Hampton Inns in many places in the Northeast because they are usually pet friendly and we often travel with our dog. The staff is consistently courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 23, 2006

I'm shocked at all the excellent ratings. Yes the hotel was recently renovated, but there are many problems here. The front desk staff is indifferent and unfriendly. At night there is one staff member in the whole hotel, so you're on your own if you have any problems. I've had to plunge my own toilet and change my own bedding when I discovered it hadn't been changed from the previous guest. If your room is on the parking lot side, it's quiet, but on the other side, your room can be literally a few yards from an on ramp to I-95. You can feel the vibrations of the trucks in your bed. The hotel changed management last summer, so hopefully he cleaned house (literally and figuratively). Proceed with caution. You can't stay any cheaper in the area than here, but it's a classic case of getting what you paid for.

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business
6  Thank craiginnyc
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed January 17, 2006

Stayed at this hampton inn for two weeks and the hotel is newly rennovated, displays excellent customer service, exceptional continental breakfast (rotating sausage, eggs, french toast sticks, cereals, muffins, bagels, and much more). The breakfast being way more than I have ever expected from a hotel is not the end, there is a managers snack night every wednesday featuring beer, wine, soda, chips, dips, at times wings and quesadias. Amoung all the great exceptional food for a hotel the cleanliness of the hotel makes this a great place to stay and in my opinion makes it worth more than the two star hotel it is listed as.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dover, NH
Reviewed February 17, 2005

My husband brought us along on a business trip and we were there for a total of 10 days. Upon our arrival we were very impressed with the grounds. This hotel opened in Dec. 04 so it's very NEW and very NICE. The cleanest hotel ever! Once you enter the hotel the staff is there to greet you with a friendly smile. The cleaning staff is very effiecent and very friendly. The lobby has a fireplace which is a piece of art! There is a lobby that serves hot and cold breakfast every morning and then they have a small dinner Monday-Thursday. The hotel rooms are wonderful! You have a full kitchen with granite countertops. Cherry cabinets....looks like a kitchen right out of a magazine. Our bedrooms were seperated by a door from the living area which is wonderful if you're staying with children that take naps. Everything in this hotel is upgraded. From the linens to the Dishes. Every thing was perfect including whoever designed the rooms...the color scheme and art on the walls were beautiful...not what you'd expect from a hotel. They have dataports in the rooms but that doesn't mean anything if you don't have a laptop. They have you walk across the driveway to their "sister hotel" to use the computer/printer. This is also where the indoor pool is. They have an outdoor pool but in the winter it's closed. So if don't mind walking back to the hotel...wet...in the cold...you can. When you get to the room... turn your ice maker on because they don't have ice machines. They don't have vending machines either so plan on spending $1.95 on a CANNED coke in the 'market'. Parking is a little tight out front but they have overflow parking behind Spring Hill Suites. Other than that this place was AWESOME! Propably the best place we've stayed at!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 9, 2004

A motel stay just like it's supposed to be. All amenities listed were present and in working order. The room was clean and everything provided was in working order. There were three college lacrosse teams in and out during breakfast and a staff member hustled to successfully keep items available and that area clean. A top quality stay.

• Stayed: April 2004
5  Thank MikeBHR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Hilton Garden Inn Milford
SpringHill Suites Milford
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Milford
Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
1 mi away
Red Roof Inn Milford - New Haven

Been to Hampton Inn Milford? Share your experiences!