“Great welcome”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, United States
“Great welcome”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I typically stay in Hampton Inn's when traveling with my family so when I was travelling to New Haven, CT with my family to look at schools there, I searched for a Hampton Inn. There is another one, perhaps closer to New Haven but this was right off of the highway so it was very convienent. I was afraid that there would be a great deal of hiway noise but there wasn't. I had a few problems with the room. It was too hot upon our arrival and didn't cool down very quickly when he turn off all heat. The trip was in February. The beds were comfortable but either the website didn't say it or I didn't process it, but the beds were not queen beds, they were full, making sharing with restless kids a bit difficult. The pre-bagged breakfast was perfect for a grab and run. The staff was extremely friendly and non-intrusive.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Turkish first
Washington, DC
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I initially stayed at Hampton Inns simply because they happened to be the most convenient. I liked my first stay very much and started looking for them specifically during my road trips. My continued experience was so consistently good that I decided to sign up for their HHonors program.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Boynton Beach, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This property is consistently clean, well managed, and the staff is always extremely friendly. They go out of their way to ensure your experience is the best possible. I have been staying at the property for the past five years for work, and have never been disappointed. I have been on a personal vacation, driving thru the area, and have made it a point to stay at this property with my family. I would recommend this property to any of my associates and friends.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 6, 2014

This location is very convenient and comfortable for our travel needs while attending Yale and other ECAC hockey games in the area. The facilities and offerings provided us with a great experience. My wife and I are planning to stay there again in a few weeks.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

chicago,il
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This was just an average stay at a Hampton Inn that is slightly older. The carpet and furnishings are not as new. Breakfast was a typical Hampton self-serve breakfast. Overall this was a good stay but just not special or anything.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GMKevin, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milford, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
We were glad you had a good overall stay! We appreciate your feedback as our entire staff strives to give the best service every single day at our hotel. Thanks for choosing the Hampton Inn Milford. We hope to see you again!
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed here for the better part of a week on business. Motel is located just off the interstate. Check-in was quick and efficient. A complimentary breakfast is provided, and the staff is very attentive and friendly. Rooms are a bit small, but clean; and the beds are very comfortable. Plenty of parking and the lot is well lit. Price is competitive to other properties in the area. Several restaurants located within ½ mile, including a 24 hour Dunkin Doughnuts about three blocks away, however lack of sidewalks in some parts precludes walking.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
West Hartford
Reviewed February 5, 2014

My wife and I had to make last minute accommodations due to a death of someone close to us. The hotel was assessable, clean, and the staff very gracious. The hotel desk clerk when she found out that we were there for a funeral asked us if we were aware of the 'funeral discount.' We had not so they applied that to our bill and saved us money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family