“Great Food and Service”

Ranked #43 of 253 Restaurants in Milford
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We went last week to celebrate a friend's birthday, and we all had a great time! There were at least 10 of us, but the waitress was friendly and efficient, and got everyone's order right, which I know isn't an easy feat for such a large group. Some friends and I each got the mac and cheese appetizer, which was delicious! It may look small, but it's very filling so don't let it fool you. I wasn't that hungry at the time and only had a classic Caesar salad for dinner, but that was good as well. I also had two drinks, and my portion for dinner came out to be $35, which I thought was reasonable. My only complaint is that parking is limited, so give yourself ample time to find a space there or one nearby and walk. I'm glad we found this place, because we'll definitely go back again!

There are newer reviews for Citrus Restaurant

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Fancy, upscale, New Age cuisine. Looks great but looks can be deceiving. Certainly nothing to write home about.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Went to Citrus between Christmas and New Year's. This was our second time in the past few months. A test for me is if a restaurant can remain consistantly good.
Again, the atmosphere was comfortable and relaxed. The wait staff was friendly and helpful. Was there with family and friends. We each had a different entree. I had the talapia and my son had the tuna. Both were well presented, fresh and delicious. The portions were generous but without sacrificing taste or variety. The beer selections were very good -- craft locals and the best of the national brands. House wines could use a little upgrading. It was easy to converse during dinner but expect it might be louder as the night progressed. Will definitely be back again!

Reviewed October 3, 2011

We dined at Citrus, as we have in the past. Their food is very good and well presented; the seafood always fresh! The restaurant just had a facelift and it looks really nice...gearing more toward the younger set, trying to get a better bar crowd, I guess. The more intimate dining room is gone, as well as the wall that seperated the bar from the dining area. It is now more of a bar/lounge decor. That is fine; however, the staff needs a facelift as well. As they have made this radical change for the restaurant, they should hire a younger/more youthful staff. I'm not criticizing the staff for their age; it's just that if their trying to pull in a younger crowd, they need to have a staff that corresponds with that age group! Before ordering dinner we ordered a drink. We tried to order another drink, but could not flag a waitress! The restaurant was quite busy. There were 4 waitresses working at the time, but it was well over 30 minutes before we were able to flag down a waitress to order another drink...ridiculous! We noticed many other people trying to flag a waitress and it looked like they were as frustrated as we were. Are they trying to make money or not? My understanding is that alcohol is what brings in the money! The waitresses are not with it! We purchased a bottle of wine when we ordered dinner and it was good. I really hope for this restaurant's success, and hope that the owner reads this review...they need to hire a younger, more with it staff of waitresses/waiters, if this restaurant is going to make real money and succeed. Right now it is probably just surviving! It's just too bad.

Reviewed August 26, 2011

We found this place tucked away in the back of a parking lot. Looked at the menu and decided to give it a try. The decor was inviting and clean. There were many great choices on the menu so we split it up to try the most things. Our table ordered the tilapia, paella, tuna and risotto. All were very good. The portions were comfortable and everyone had positive comments about their dish. We each had a dinner, and as a table had two apps. With tip we paid $38 per person (4). Very reasonable for a great dinner.
Try it, you won't be disappointed!