“Delicious beyond compare”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Stratford, Connecticut
“Delicious beyond compare”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I was in the mood for italian food. So I made reservations at Nello's for myself and my sweetheart. We got there and were greeted warmly at the front desk. Once shown to our table, we were brought warm bread. Our server handed us our menus and we ordered two glasses of wine. Looking over their menu we chose the hot antipasto for two. For our meals I had linguini with white clam sauce and Sonya had the veal parmigiana. The server was attentive to our wish for a relaxing meal and did not bring the food one on top of the other. Needless to say, the food was beyond compare, really one of the best I have ever had. And the veal portion was huge. And in the other room they had Michael Rae, a local singer, who's voice added to the romance of the evening. Definately worth the drive and the money for a truly delicious meal.

• Visited December 2013

Bridgeport, Connecticut
“Give it a try”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My wife, brother and I took my mom out to dinner on a Wednesday evening in December of 2013.
This was our first visit to the "new" Nello's. We had been to the "old" Nello's on numerous occasions and this trip was definitely different. We expected something different, but were leery.
Some of the wait staff stayed on and it's always nice to see a familiar, friendly face. We were seated immediately, rolls/bread was delivered and our drink order was taken. The offer a prix fixe menu if you'd like which, takes the place of daily specials. It's very extensive and reasonable at $26.00. The old favorites are still available, but the new offerings are very exciting. They also have a new wine list. There were no complaints at our table and more that a few to-go boxes left with us. No, it's not the "old" Nello's, but sometimes change is good. Definitely worth a try.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Trashcar
“Excellent!!!!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Not a old Nello's fan, new Nello's is awesome. Had pane cotta as app, was very good, temperature was very hot. I finally got to enjoy after it cooled a bit - little spicy but yummy. Entree was veal francaise---outstanding, it wasn't on the menu but they made it for me. I cut the meat with a fork, 3 large pieces and broccoli. I was given an option of pasta or salad. I opted for the crispy green salad. My friend had shrimp Parmesan & pasta. She took leftovers home. Hot yummy Italian bread, friendly waitstaff and clean inviting restaurant---good experience

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Deedubu67
San Jose
“Mangia!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Excellent meal from the antipasto to the best eggplant rollatini I've ever had. Fine service and a yummy zinfandel, perfect with the eggplant.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank JanB1950
West Haven
“First time”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Just tried Nello's on gift certificate for the first time. The bread was excellent, warm and a nice crust. My Chicken Contadina was one of the best I have ever had with a just right portion enough to fill you up and not over whelming. The chicken was tender and the light sauce was very tasty. My wife had the penne alla Vodka with shrimp and she said it was excellent. The service was good, attentive but not bothersome. We enjoyed it so much we made a reservation for tomorrow night with the live music....hmmmm two nights in a row at the same restaurant never done that before.

• Visited August 2013