“Mangia!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Excellent meal from the antipasto to the best eggplant rollatini I've ever had. Fine service and a yummy zinfandel, perfect with the eggplant.

2  Thank JanB1950

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Just tried Nello's on gift certificate for the first time. The bread was excellent, warm and a nice crust. My Chicken Contadina was one of the best I have ever had with a just right portion enough to fill you up and not over whelming. The chicken was tender and the light sauce was very tasty. My wife had the penne alla Vodka with shrimp and she said it was excellent. The service was good, attentive but not bothersome. We enjoyed it so much we made a reservation for tomorrow night with the live music....hmmmm two nights in a row at the same restaurant never done that before.

3  Thank Hockeypuck04
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

this is one of the worst resturants in Milford. Half of our order was the wrong food and I nothing was impressive about the food we did get. Slow service and not worth anyone's time! Plenty of other much better choices in Milford. Skip Nello's!

2  Thank willistheman
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've been to Nello's several times. Every time I visit I end up saying, "I would be happy with just the broccoli bread and salad!" It's so good and so easy to fill up on before a huge main meal.I also tell the waiter not to bring the Italian bread, just broccoli. Unless you are absolutely starving, you will probably end up bringing home half of your portion for the next day. And it gets better! I always have the sorrentino. It's a combination of eggplant and chicken parm with mushrooms, lots of sauce and mozz cheese! It's delicious! My partner order the manicotti special and enjoyed it very much. I would recommend the balsamic vinegar dressing for your salad with blue cheese. It makes a very nice dip for the bread as well. I've never had dessert and probably never will since I'm always so stuffed when I leave! We like sitting in the bar area at a table so call ahead. Joe our waiter was excellent as well!

1  Thank Summerjenny
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Ordered filet mignon which had melted cheese on it for $26.95 When the cheese was removed to view the filet, there was a large nerve in the meat. The waitress was very polite and apoligized and return it to the kitchen. The owner "chef" then came out and got in my face asking me what was wrong with the meat. He caused a scene at my table. I told him that this was the first place I ordered a filet at that price that was subpar. He said I probably had the end cut. I think he should stay out of the kitchen. First time there and never again. The restaurant does not present well either. Worn carpets, close tables where you can hear other conversation, no privacy. Small complex, hole in the wall type place. I always like to try new places for my family and thought with all the good reviews how could I go wrong....well I did. Don't waste your money.

3  Thank Polly V